Chapter 45

Bailey's P.O.V

"Over the weekend. Mr. Herman passed away. Um. Obviously him and I were good friends. We do not know how he died. In respect of his family, we will not know how it happened." She explained to us.

I was just hoping that I did not just hear Mr. Herman's name. Once she said it again, I felt tears roll down my cheeks. I couldn't help it. Herman has been a favorite of mine since Freshmen year.

Class came to an end. Right when I walked out the door, I lost it.

"Shhh. It's alright babygirl." Grayson said hugging me.

I just cried. I didn't know what else to do.

-----
Grayson's P.O.V

I felt so bad for Bailey. She really did like Mr. Herman as a teacher. Now that he was gone, she couldn't help but to cry. I could tell that this was gonna be rough for her.

She couldn't even go to 5th that day because she knew if she did, she wouldn't be able to stop crying. Again.

It was a slow day for everyone. I could tell something inside of Bailey changed. She lost someone who is close to her. It made a hole inside of her that could never be filled again.

------
Bailey's P.O.V

I couldn't believe the news. Herman was the one teacher that knew me better than any other teacher that I've had. I had no idea what to do without him around anymore.

I didn't bother going to 5th that day. What was the point?

"You doin alright Bailey?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah." I said back

They knew I wasn't. But they probably figured to just let it be.

"There you are Bailey. Come here." I heard Nate say. He came up to me and just hugged me.

"I miss him." Was all I could get out.

"I know. Me too."

------

When we got back to the house that day, I could not seem to stop crying. Again.

When I did, I fell asleep. Which was good. Cuz if I didn't, then I probably would have been up all night crying.

-----

I woke up the next morning hoping everything was just a dream. I knew it wasn't though.

I remember seeing the Lacrosse players crying the day before. I honestly never thought I would see those guys cry.

I knew some of the Lacrosse guys, so me and them kinda stuck by each other's side through this whole thing. I was just glad they are nice guys and understood what it was like.

*****

Hella short chapter.

So. What happened to the teach is something that actually happened at the school I go to. A teacher named Mr. Herman did pass away in January. He was my Freshmen year Science teacher. And I was close to him. It was a rough time for the school.