Chapter 67

He ran his fingers through her hair. "Shhhh...Riss...it's going to be okay, it's going to be okay." he said to her softly. "I've got you, baby doll. He's not going to hurt you again. Never again..."

"Bruno...he hurt me..." she said throwing herself against him again.

"Never again sweetheart. Never again..." Bruno said into her ear. She moaned softly the way she did when he got in bed with her after he got home. She has no idea what just happened. He thought to himself. I guess we'll never know what she was dreaming about...but I'll ask her in the morning. Bruno thought to himself closing his eyes laying his chin on her head.

**

Arissa woke up laying on his shoulder. She stretched out getting out of the bed to look in the bathroom mirror.

"Oh my god...why are my eyes so red?" she said out loud. "I better not be getting sick..." she continued talking to herself knowing he wouldn't hear her. "And my head hurts..." she scratched her head grabbing Tylenol. This better go away by tomorrow. I have to go to work.

Arissa finished brushing her teeth and hair going back out into the bedroom. She saw Bruno on his phone.

"Hey Sexy..." he said giving her a seductive smile.

"Good morning." she smiled laying back in the bed next to him leaning over to see his text messages.

"Riss? Are you okay?" he asked her putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah. Why?" she asked him confused.

"You had a horrible dream last night. You woke up talking about how I saved you."

"Oh...I don't remember." she shrugged in his arms. "I'm still tired, though." she told him.

"Then go back to sleep, babe." he told her kissing her on the head.

"I just might." she said sliding down in the bed so his arm was all the way around her.

"Riss?"

"Hmm?" she answered.

"What do you want for breakfast?" he asked her. She didn't answer.

"Geez, woman. You weren't lying..." he said kissing her as he got up to get something to eat.

**

Arissa walked out into the kitchen wearing her pajamas with one of his sweaters on about an hour later.

"You look hot in that..." he looked her up and down as she walked over taking a piece of the French toast sticks he had made.

"You don't have to remind me." she smiled back at him as he handed her a plate dripping in syrup.

"But don't spill on it, babe." he said watching her lift up the fork drenched in syrup. She made a move pretending to drop it.

"Whoops..." she laughed. "What are you going to do?" she asked him.

"Make you wash it." he said nudging her to move over in the bench seat they had against the wall.

"You could say please..." she eyed him.

"Naw. I don't play that way, Riss." he flirted with her. "Arissa?" he asked her changing his tone.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"You need to press charges against him." he told her.

"What?" she asked with a confused look.

"He raped you. Arissa..please....he's only going to do it again."

"Bruno, no. I can't do that." she told him.

"Why not?" He asked her confused.

"I just can't."

"Arissa...at least consider it. He hurt you. You know he slept with a lot of other girls. What if he did that to them too? You'd be standing up for them."

"Bruno. I can't. It's too much." she said quietly. "And it's in the past."

"Arissa...." he paused taking the fork from her hand holding the empty hand. "I don't push you to do a lot of things. I don't. But this is one thing you have to do. You have to go home and put him in jail for what he did to you."