Chapter 40

"She's going to freak out..." Bruno's best friend Ryan told him while they stood in front of a mirror fixing their suits.

"I know she will. I had already planned on that..." he responded.

"What are you going to say to her when she starts freaking out?" Phil asked.

"I haven't decided yet." he told them.

"I'll be right back..." he told them walking out the back door. He glanced down at a pack of cigarettes sitting on the side of the building. He had put them there just in case he needed them the evening before.

"No, can't do that. She'll hate me..." he said to himself. He sat down on the sidewalk looking out at the ocean. I need to talk to her....

**

Arissa's hands started to shake as everyone stared to grab at her putting on make-up, painting her nails and straightening her hair. Over all to rush no one noticed her shakiness.

"Can y'all give me a few minutes? Hand me my phone..." she asked.

"Ris, what's wrong?" Jaime asked her.

"I just need to talk to him..." she said standing up. Everyone backed away slightly shocked by her reaction. She walked out of the back door to sit down on the sidewalk just feet from the beach. She hit the green dial button to talk to her fiancé.

"Brunooo..." she cried into the phone.

"Arissa? What's wrong?" he asked looking at her from the other side of the building. "You're crying. Don't cry, sweetheart. "

"This isn't the way it's supposed to be...I wanted to pick the flowers, the colors, the dress, the guests, the reception, the everything...and we don't even have the certificate...."

"You did pick the flowers and the dress and the guests...you never got rid of those. They were in a box in your closet, baby doll....."

"But I don't remember orange..." she told him.

"I couldn't get the yellow ones...they weren't in season, Arissa." he told her. "The florist told my mom that the orange were the closet they could get....and we'll get the certificate in the morning...." he told her.

"Maybe I'm just nervous. You know I plan everything...." she told him over the phone.

"Don't be nervous, Arissa. Don't be scared. Don't worry about a thing." he said in a soothing tone. "because this will be perfect."

"Do you promise?" she asked him gathering her thoughts.

"I wouldn't promise you anything less, Rissy. Nothing less than perfect -even if the flowers aren't the right color."

"Okay. " she responded.

"Go get dressed, Arissa. Your hair is gorgeous." he said as he looked at her from a distance.

"I don't know how you know that, but fine. I'll go get dressed." she laughed at him.

"I've got my eye on you..." he said seductively hanging up the phone

Arissa turned around to see him sitting at the end of the sidewalk. He made a heart out of his hand at her sticking his tongue out at her. She signed "I love you" to him heading back to the room.

"Are you better, Rissy?" her mom asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready." she responded sitting down in the chair.