Chapter 29

Dre, Eric and Phil saw Bruno in the fountain looking down trying to find the jewelry.

"Bruno...what happened?" Eric asked. Bruno reached his hand into the low fountain grabbing the necklace.

"I found it..." he answered.

"Dude..what the hell?"

"She saw the text from Jules. I didn't get a chance to tell her that it was for the wedding..."

"Well go tell her!" Phil yelled at him.

"She won't let me. She ran away." he said walking in the water trying to find the ring. "I don't know where it is! Help me find it!" he yelled. Eric jumped into the fountain trying to find the ring with his brother.

"Come on, y'all. We need to get her..." Eric told them. Phil glanced over the barrier, put his hand in the water and pulled out a ring.

"Let me see it! What does it say on the inside? Is that it?"

"Polizia! Polizia! Fermare quello che stai facendo!" they heard as Phil squinted t oread the ring.

Eric and Bruno looked up.

"My fiancé...she dropped her ring in the fountain...we had to find it..." Bruno responded.

" Mi scusi? In italiano. Sei in Italia, signore." the officer responded.

"We don't speak Italian, officer.." Bruno said grabbing the ring from Phil.

"Americani brutto...You need to get out of the fountain now. It's against the law. Once it's in the fountain it's Italian property."

Suddenly there were flashes. Someone had found them.

"Che sei?" asked the officer.

"I'm Bruno Mars." he told him stepping out of the fountain dripping wet. Another camera started to record the incident.

"I don't care who you are..."

"Then why did you ask?" Bruno was suddenly upset.

"So I can put you in jail." the officer responded.

"I just needed to get the ring! She didn't want to get wet!" Bruno yelled.

"How do I know you're telling the truth, Mr. Mars?" the officer suddenly was speaking perfect English.

"I don't have my phone to show you ..." he started to respond.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"She went back to the hotel room...I told her I would find it..."

Eric fumbled in his phone to find a picture of the two of them. He was kissing her on the cheek and she had her hands up trying to stop him. Her ring was in the picture.

"This is it, officer." Eric interrupted handing him the phone.

"Siete molto fortunate.." the officer replied. "I'm a sucker for a love story."

"Thank you!" Bruno answered holding the ring tightly in his left hand while holding the necklace in another.