Chapter 39

Bruno looked at her trying to figure out if what she said was real or if it was just in the romantic moment. I can't deal with her saying no again. It really hurts. Do I say no, this wasn't the way it was supposed to be, again? I was going to ask her tomorrow morning...before I showed her the thing...and now she's just telling me this right now? She is so unpredictable. He pulled something out of his pocket slowly. She glanced down at him with her curly hair falling in front of her face blocking her view of his hand. He opened a familiar blue box pulling out her ring. "Arissa....will you marry me?"

She didn't say a word. She just shook her head yes wrapping her arms around him tightly. "Yes Bruno, yes. " She pulled away with her eyeliner running down her cheeks. "It's too humid...my make-up runs..." she confessed.

"It's okay, Ris. You're runny make-up is what I fell in love with."

"And your cheesiness is what I fell in love with..." she said pinching his cheeks.

"Look! There's another one!" she said pointing at the stars. "Make a wish, Bruno!" she told him. "But don't tell me because then it won't come true."

**

Arissa woke up wearing only his t-shirt. Their legs were wrapped around one another's and her arms were flat across his chest. She watched her arms go up and down against his beating heart. Okay that's creepy. I'm going to go get dressed.

"Ris?" she heard from across the bedroom as she started to walk out the bedroom.

"Hmm?" she responded turning around to see him still laying in bed with his eyes on her.

"Don't leave me. I'm not MVP." he told her.

"Shut up!" she threw a fallen pillow at him. "You're lucky, Mr. Mars, because I'm DTS." she said jumping back into the bed moving his arms to get against the same chest that she had just told herself to stop watching.

"Well, I'm DTF." he told her running his fingers against her stomach making her giggle.

"Good thing I'm a team player..." she responded turning around to kiss him.

"Eww. That's gross...first rule of morning DTF is to not do that ever again..." she told him.

**

"Arissa! Come with us!" Tiara yelled at Arissa while they were sitting outside by the pool. She glanced at Bruno as the girls gave her a pleading look.

"Go!" he pushed her.

"Oucch." she responded to his push. "That hurt...I'm leaving you."

"No you're not. Just go with them..." he pushed her again, lighter this time.

"What are we doing?" she asked.

"Just come with us!" Tiara answered standing with some of her friends.

"Where are we goinnngg?" Arissa cried confused by the events and Bruno's reaction. After a few minutes of quiet they pulled into the parking lot of a big white building. "No, really...what are we doing?" she asked them.

The girls looked at each other nodding their heads in agreement. "You're getting married." Tahiti told her.

"What? No! Really, what is going on?" she asked.

"Just come with us..." Tiara said opening the door to the car grabbing Arissa's hand. They opened the door slowly to see a room full of her family and friends – her parents, Anna and Ryan, Natalia and Diego, her sister and the guy she was currently hooking up with...and then his family that she had just met the day before. They were all sitting in white chairs covered with deep purple and orange tie backs.

Arissa gasped. "But..."

"We have the dress. And the flowers, and everything else you need for a spontaneous wedding..." Presley told Arissa.

Cami came up to see her sister giving her the biggest hug in the world. "I love you sissy!" she screamed.

"Did you know about this? Why didn't you tell me?!" she asked her sister.

"We didn't know until yesterday. There were plane tickets e-mailed to every single one of us with a note saying to be here by 3...it's 3:45 now..."

"Oh my god, he was going to do this anyway! What a booger." she smiled.

"Wait , anyway?" Tahiti asked.

"Yeah....he proposed again last night...." she said pointing to her finger.

"My brother...." Jaime sighed as they pulled her towards the back of the building.

Her sister opened the door to the room slowly to see what was behind the door. In unison Cami and Arissa both yelled "Oh my god!" They stared at the same dress that she had jokingly said she wanted to get married in two days after he proposed the first time.

A strapless Amasle dress hung on a dark purple velvet hanger waiting for her.

"Go get dressed Mrs. Hernandez..." her mother said to her.

"But we don't have the wedding certificate and we didn't do our vows and...I don't know what we're doing after the ceremony...I wanted to plan it..."

"Arissa, do you really think he forgot about the things you've told him? The dress, the colors, the people..." Anna asked her.

"Well...he did get everything right..." she sighed touching the boutique of hydrangeas, carnations and deep orange roses.

"Let's get you married!" Cami exclaimed.