Chapter 15

"He's coming here!" she told her mother and sister at the table. Their usual Sunday dinner had turned from normal to extraordinary as they asked about the last few weeks. Arissa had always been somewhat outgoing, meeting new people wherever she went, but boys were not her specialty. When she finally told them the original reason for the trip to Las Vegas they were astounded. First, her little sister Camille thought she was crazy wanting more proof than just the necklace and ring she had with her.

"I need pictures, or his sweat or something."

"He smells like fresh cut grass and cinnamon." she said pulling out her phone. She flipped through the phone to get to the text messages. She showed her all the "You are beautiful" text messages he sent her. One for every day they were apart.

"Really? Every day, sissy"

"I know. Every single day. "

"Aww, that's so cute..." her mother Nora responded.

"I know it...." Arissa blushed.

**

"Come and get me baby doll!" he screamed into the phone.

"I'll be there in two minutes!" Arissa turned on her car and pulled out of her parking spot. She had just pulled into the cell phone waiting area at the airport.Damn, traffic was horrible. Arissa drove quickly, but safely to the lonely terminal where she saw him wearing a denim jacket, black t-shirt, green shorts and boat shoes. "Oh my god." He was looking down at his cell phone when she pulled up right next to him.

"Your car is ready..." she rolled down her window asking him to get in. She opened her door and ran to him. She practically jumped on him. "I missed yoouuu soooo much!" she said wrapping her arms around his neck holding him tightly. He buried his head in her hair taking in her mango shampoo.

"I missed you too, sweetheart." he said kissing her quickly.

"Ohh, that's sweet," a teenager said walking past them with her suitcase toward the entrance of the terminal.

"I want that...and him..." her friend said with her.

"Doesn't he kind of look like Bruno Mars?" the first girl whispered.

"Yeah...he kind of does, doesn't he?" the first one responded.

"Get in my car...now..." she told him taking his hand leading him to the passenger seat.

During the twenty minute drive to her apartment she pointed out places that she loved and places she hated – the mall, restaurants, the gym, schools, and some businesses. He looked at her in the evening light the whole time. She is so beautiful. Her voice drives me crazy. I missed her so much. He touched her hand that was sitting on the arm rest moving his fingers around hers. He picked up her hand kissing the tips of her fingers.

"You don't have your nails painted? What happened? That was sexy as hell." he noticed.

"I bite my nails. They chipped real fast. I painted my toes though."

"Oh..you're so fancy, Arissa." he smiled at her

"Well, I try."

"You don't need to try, Arissa..." he said kissing her on the cheek as she pulled into a parking space.