Chapter 22

Carl's POV

Enid was being absolutely ridiculous. Lydia had done nothing to "give her the wrong vibe". Did she just not like Lydia because I was friends with her? What that it? Was she jealous?

Should I go back and talk to her?

No. I couldn't.

I saw Enid out of the corner of my eye. She was walking into the forest with her gun in her hand.

She's going hunting, I thought and continued walking.

I spotted Lydia and walked up to her. She was hanging out with Eugene, laughing at something he said.

"Hey, guys," I said. Lydia turned to face me and smiled. Eugene nodded and excused himself.

As if reading my mind, Lydia asked, "What's wrong?"

I sighed and looked away. "I just had a fight with Enid."

Lydia frowned. The action seemed a little fake, though I ignored it.

"What did you guys fight about?" she asked.

I exhaled deeply, wondering if I should be honest with her.

When I made my decision, I said, "If I'm gonna be honest, you."

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Me?" she asked disbelievingly.

I nodded.

"Why me?" she asked.

"She said you give her "the wrong vibe". And she couldn't even give me a reason why. She was being ridiculous."

Lydia pressed her lips together, a look of challenge in her eyes.

"Do you know where she is?" she asked, as if forcing herself to be calm.

I gestured to the forest. "I just saw her head into the forest. Probably hunting. Why?"

She smiled, the action seeming forced. "I just want to talk to her. See if I can get her to change her opinion about me."

Confused at why she was acting so weird, I said, "Uh, yeah...okay."

She smiled, took a deep breath and headed into the woods.

I shrugged and went back into the RV.