Chapter 2

Enid's POV

I was reading my book against the largest tree in Alexandria when I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"Hey Enid!"

I turned and automatically smiled as I saw my boyfriend running across the clearing.

Once he got over to me, he sat down next to me and automatically grabbed my hand.

"Hey," I said casually.

Carl sighed. "Hey."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him. What was up? He might still be mourning over Maggie which wouldn't be surprising because I was, too. But something told me that wasn't it.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

Carl shifted his body so he was facing me. I did the same. He looked down as he said, "We're leaving Alexandria. And we don't plan to come back this time."

I felt my eyes widen in shock. Why were they leaving??

I glanced away from him and asked, "Why?"

Carl finally looked at me and said, "My dad said we need to get out of here before Negan comes looking for us. We won't work for him."

I looked at him and said, "What about everyone else?"

"My dad said people have already either chosen to leave or have chosen to stay and accept their fate."

I raised my voice as I said, "Ok, then what about me?!" Was he just planning on leaving me behind?

Carl sighed and said, "My dad says there is room on the RV for you to come. But I can't expect you to come. Alexandria is your home and-"

I cut him off. "Carl!"

He stopped talking and looked at me, slight surprise in his eyes.

"Of course I'm gonna come," I said. "I won't lose you and Glenn. I've...we've...already lost Maggie and I won't lose anyone else." I squeezed his hand.

Carl gave me a small smile and pulled me into a hug. I returned the hug, burying my face in his shoulder.

"I know," he said. "I know."