Chapter 12

Enid's POV

I couldn't shake the weird feeling I had about Lydia as I walked into the RV. She just seemed...off. Weird. Yeah that's it, weird.

I heard Carl come into the RV behind me.

The good thing about Lydia is that she didn't take up the whole RV with her crap because she didn't have anything but a few guns, knives, and her person.

Carl and I sat down on the couch while Lydia sat at one of the tables, looking very awkward.

I felt a twinge of sympathy. But only a twinge.

Rick came into our section.

"Alright," he said. "First of all, welcome to the group, Lydia." Lydia smiled. "And second, I'm gonna go back to that hospital get more supplies. I can take one person with me."

Before Lydia could say anything, I stood up. "I'll go with you, Rick."

Rick looked at me in surprise. "You sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Rick took a moment then nodded. "Okay," he said. "Let's go."

I saw Carl stand up out of the corner of my eye.

"Enid, what are you doing?" he asked.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to a corner.

"I don't think your dad fully trusts me yet," I explained. "I'm doing this so that he knows he can trust me."

Carl sighed. "It's so dangerous."

"Yeah, I know I'm not stupid," I said and looked into Carl's eye. "I can do this."

He pressed his lips together. "I know you can."

"Come on, we gotta go!" I heard Rick call.

I motioned to Rick with my head and Carl and I followed him outside.

I saw Carl go over to Rick and whisper something to him that I couldn't hear. Rick nodded to him.

Carl then walked over to me. I was taken by surprise as he put his hand on my face and pressed his lips against mine.

I wasn't a long kiss. Maybe five seconds or so. I returned it about two seconds in.

He pulled away put kept his hand on my face. "I love you," he said. "Be careful."

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "I love you, too," I said.

I looked behind Carl and saw Lydia watching from the window with a poker face. I gave her a slight smile then returned my gaze to Carl.

We finally let go when Rick told us to hurry up. I said bye to Carl then ran to catch up to him.

I didn't look back at Carl. I knew that if I did, I would just run back into his arms like an obsessive girlfriend.

I just took a deep breath. I took out my gun and kept an eye out for walkers.