Chapter 6

Enid's POV

Carl looked at me then back at Glenn. "Okay," he said. "We have to talk."

Glenn looked down and sighed. "What about?" he mumbled.

Carl scoffed in disbelief and said, "Why you were lying dead on the floor when I found you!"

"Oh," Glenn said simply.

Carl looked at him gravely and said, "Did you try to kill yourself?"

I looked at Carl in admiration. For a 16 year old guy, he's so mature. Not that I was surprised. We went through the same thing.

Glenn looked up at Carl but didn't say anything.

Carl sighed and gave Glenn a serious look. "Glenn," he said. "I know you really miss Maggie and would do anything to be with her again. I feel that way about my mom sometimes. But you still have people here that need you and care about you."

"Who?" Glenn asked with distain.

Carl took my hand. "Me and Enid. Rick, Michonne, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Carol, Morgan, Daryl, Sasha."

Glenn scoffed and looked down. "You don't understand."

Carl looked at him understandingly. "I know. I've never lost a wife. But that doesn't mean I don't care about you."

"I wish you had let me die. Even if people do care about me, it's my choice." he said.

I finally spoke up. "What about me?" I asked.

Glenn looked at me.

"I consider you to be like my dad," I continued. "Did you ever once consider how I would feel? You and Carl are the only people left on Earth that I truly care about!"

Glenn looked at me with sad eyes and reached forward to grab my forearm.

"I know," he said. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

I wasn't ready to take his excuses. I yanked my arm from his grasp and let go of Carl's hand. I stood up and walked briskly to the bedroom. I locked the door behind me.