Chapter 5

Carl's POV

I quickly dropped down to be closer to Glenn's body.

"Glenn!" I yelled whilst shaking him.

"Glenn!" I yelled louder.

I cursed and stood up. "Enid!!!" I yelled and knelt back down and continued to shake his body.

I heard running feet approach us and a faint gasp.

"No," she said weakly. "No."

"Do you know CPR?!" I yelled at her.

"Carl, it's too late!" she shot back then her voice softened. "He's gone."

"No, he's not!" I screamed. "He can't be. Now answer my question! Do you know CPR?!"

"A little," she answered.

"Then do it!" I yelled and scooted back to give her room.

She knelt down and gave him mouth to mouth then proceeded to press down on his chest.

"Come on Glenn, come on, you can do it, you can do it," I kept saying as she repeated the process.

Glenn can't be dead. Not so soon after Maggie. He can't be dead, he can't be dead.

I suddenly heard a weak cough. I snapped my head around and saw Glenn moving slightly.

"Glenn!" I yelled.

Glenn coughed again, more strongly this time, and groaned.

Enid stood up and I moved towards him.

"Glenn, you're okay," I said as I lifted his head onto my lap.

"Carl?" he asked groggily as he looked at me, his eyes glazed.

"It's ok," I repeated. "You're okay."

I let him close his eyes for a little while.

I looked at Enid. "You have no idea how grateful I am for this. Thank you so much," I told her sincerely.

She gave me a small smile. "Glenn has really become like my dad, of course I wanted to save him.

I reached up and grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

After a while, Glenn was strong enough to stand up. Enid and I supported at him while he struggled to his feet. We helped him sit down at a table. Enid and I sat across from him.

I glanced at Enid then said to Glenn, "Okay, we have to talk."