Chapter 7

Carl's POV

My eyes followed Enid as she walked into the bedroom and slammed the door. I looked back at Glenn and raised my eyebrows.

Glenn put his hands out. "What?" he asked.

I sighed and shook my head. I suddenly heard a bunch of chattering outside. I recognized my dad's voice and sighed in relief.

"I gotta go out and meet everyone. I would recommend talking to Enid," I said and walked out of the RV, not waiting for Glenn's response.

I saw everyone walking towards the RV, some carrying food and medicine, some carrying jugs of water.

I spotted my dad and started walking towards him, greeting everyone as I passed them.

My dad reached forward and grabbed my forearm. "Any trouble while we were gone?" he asked.

I grabbed my dad's arm and dragged him out of earshot of the group.

I leaned my head towards him and quietly said, "Glenn tried to kill himself."

"What?!" my dad said loudly and I shushed him. He looked around a bit then leaned forward. "What happened?" he asked.

I recounted the story and my dad sighed. "Where is he now?" he asked.

"In the bedroom with Enid," I answered.

My dad's eyes widened in shock.

I put up my hands. "Not like that!" I clarified quickly.

My dad closed his eyes and sighed, most likely in relief. "Okay," he said. "I'm gonna go talk to him." He started walking towards the RV.

I grabbed his arm. "Give him and Enid some time. They have some things to work through."

My dad glanced at the RV then looked down. "Alright," he said. "I'm gonna go help out with the supplies." My dad walked off.