Chapter 116

A Baby Mockingjay 116

Chapter 116

Days pass and we are released from the safe room. When we walk out, there are guards holding the white bearded man. President Snow. They explain to me his execution will be later today, I just nod and follow Peeta along. Willow was admiring everything, even if she had already seen it. She even points out the Mockingjay pin on my shirt. I had given her Cypress' necklace, she reminds me of her, I would thing Cypress would want her to have it also. She never takes it off, I would tell her who it's from and how important it is without bringing up the games. She continued to play with Haymitch once every day, which Haymitch seemed to love. Days passed, Snow was killed, but all of us stead in District zero. Johanna was always with Sean, Finnick with Annie and Jack, Naomi was with her family, I was with Peeta, my father explained why he faked his death, but I still can't trust him.

"Katniss, wake up." Peeta whispers one morning. I groan and look at him beside me in bed. He leans forward and kisses me before pulling away smiling. I grin and nestle close. We lay like this, awake, Peeta kissing my hair, could this all be a dream? Or is it possible to have someone so amazing in my life? I hope it's real, because if its a dream, I don't want it to end.

•Peeta's POV•

Katniss lays, nestled close to me, holding my hand that lays on her belly, we were expecting soon, and I couldn't wait.

"Peeta." Katniss whispers, a sound of urgency in her voice.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

"My water broke."