Chapter 73

A Baby Mockingjay 73

Chapter 73

I jump from the tree, landing as most people would say like a cat, my bow and quiver around my shoulders, my two legs bent and one hand supporting me for balance. Its pretty good for a pregnant lady. I stand up strait, taking my bow from around my shoulder but leaving it unloaded.

"I could take you all out, here and now, I could." I say, practically begging for my death.

"That sounds like a challenge." Slate growls stalking towards me, I stay standing strait and tall, not taking my eyes from him even when he is right in front of me, showing no fear. But I am surprised when I am pushed up against a tree and Slate jabs his arm into my throat. I struggle to get away, get an actual breath of air. I watch as Peeta runs from the scene, looking back at me tears running down his face. I think back to when he held Willow for the first time, how happy he was she was finally here. And the nine months before she had arrived, how happy he was to know she would be here soon, how happy I was and how nothing will ever replace the moments with her. Her first steps. Her first words. And just every second with her and Peeta will never be able to be replaced. I will never forget, even in death. I love my Willow and I love Peeta, nothing will ever replace the moments I spent with my family. Family is worth fighting for.