Chapter 80

A Baby Mockingjay 80

Chapter 80

We can't tell Willow I'm dying, well, at least I think I am. But I need to tell Peeta about the development of the child, it's developed faster, I look 4 months pregnant when I'm only one and a half. It has to have something to do with the arena, a fetus doesn't develop this fast, ever. It's unnatural.

"Willow, what happened to Gale and Naomi? Are they alright?" I ask.

"They hit Gale when he tried to save Naomi, then they punched Naomi and she fell and would not wake up." Willow explains. I feel like crying, what if they're dead? I can't think that way. I lay back down and let out a sigh. Willow crawls over to me and lays down by my side.

"I don't want you to die." Willow says sadly.

"Will, I'm not going to." I tell her. She just nods and lays next to me, eventually falling asleep towards noon.

"Peeta." I whisper, getting his attention.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing's wrong. Just something about the arena, I think it's making the child develop faster." I tell him, my hand on my belly.

"What do you mean?" Peeta asks.

"I look 4 months pregnant when I'm not even 2. Peeta if this keeps up ... I-I'll have the baby in the arena."