Chapter 33

A Baby Mockingjay 33

Chapter 33

I felt horrible. I killed a harmless unborn child. Peeta has been trying to comfort me all day along with Dayo, Effie, and Haymitch. Now I just lay, staring at the blank wall in Peeta's arms.

"Katniss, I'm sorry." He says softly. I don't reply. I don't have the gut to. An kitchen assistant walks over to us and sets a tray of food in front of us. He says something to Peeta before crouching down so he blocks my view of the wall.

"Katniss, I know you feel bad an that you are in pain. Everything will be okay in time." He says before standing up and leaving the food with us. I recommence staring at the wall, not saying a word, training starts tomorrow, then the interviews. We practiced early for the interviews, which was weird.

"Katniss." Peeta says siting me up so I no longer look at my wall. He try's to feed me soup but I continue to refuse it.

"Katniss, please eat." Peeta begs. I don't reply. He looks at me, seeming annoyed.

"Katniss, I know you feel bad about giving up the baby but you need to eat. Please." Peeta begs. I look up at him and he gives me a small smile. I bite the spoon that he was holding in front if my mouth. He gives me a big smile and kisses my lips.

"How's she doing?" Dayo asks as he walks into the living room.

"She's eating." Peeta says not taking his eyes off me as I take another bite of what I think is chicken noodle soup.

"That's good." Dayo smiles. I finish the bowl of soup quickly and Peeta goes off to eating his. I ask for a phone from one of the people around me.

"What are you doing?" Peeta asks.

"Calling Willow." I tell him. He smiles as I am handed a phone. I dial Gale and Naomi's number and push send. The phone rings six times before it is picked.

"Hello?" The familiar voice says. Naomi.

"Hello Naomi." I smile.

"Who is this?" She asks.

"Katniss." I giggle.

"Oh! Hello! How are you?" Naomi laughs.

"Good. How's Willow?" I ask.

"She's doing okay. She really misses you and Peeta." Naomi says sadly.

"May I talk to her?" I ask.

"Of course! One second." I hear her call Willow's name and tell her who it is. Willow squeals, I can imagine her running over to Naomi to get the phone.

"Mommy?!" Willow exclaims.

"Hey Will!" I say happily.

"Hi mommy!" She exclaims.

"How are you?"

"Happy!" She exclaims.

"That's good. I miss you." I tell her.

"I miss you to mommy!" She exclaims.

"Katniss, you need to get to bed, you have training in the morning." Effie tells me. I frown and nod.

"I have to go to bed Will, I'll call you after training, okay?" I tell her.

"Okay mommy, bye bye!"

"Goodbye Willow! I love you!" I smile.

"Love you too!" She says before I hang up.