Chapter 98

A Baby Mockingjay 98

Chapter 98

"Katniss wake up." Someone whispers right into my ear. "Katniss." It repeats. I open my eyes to see Peeta right in front of me. He gives me a smile and helps me up. Pain surges through my body as I move, making me grit my teeth and gasp.

"I'll get the medicine." He says, kissing me on the forehead before leaving. I almost feel trapped in the white hospital room. When Peeta returns its the same pills from the parachute. He hands me one and I eat it.

"Come on, were landing soon. You have to get ready." He tells me. I just nod and climb out of bed, looking for clothes. Dayo comes in and smiles at me.

"Hello." He smiles but I just run up and hug him.

"Is Willow okay?" I ask as I begin to sob. "She's fine, Haymitch wants me to explain something about the child to you." Dayo says. I look up at him and nod.

"Your idea of the child developing quickly due to something in the arena was true. The game makers put it in so the other tributes would know your pregnant and come after you. If you were in there to long you would have gave birth. So you are six months now, it'll be regular from here on out." Dayo explains. I just nod and he hands me some clothes.

"Try to look nice." He says with a smile before walking out of the room. I change into the grey tang top, a jacket, and ripped jeans. I find Peeta again, he was waiting, holding Willow up in his arms. I walk up to Peeta and Willow looks at me a scared look on her face.

"I had a bad dream." She says. Peeta looks at me seriously. I take Willow from his arms and smile at her.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You guys were there to. Ermin and Slate also, mommy you were really sick. And daddy went to get you medicine and mad us eat soup that put us to sleep so he could go." She explains. "We were in something called the Hunger Games."