Chapter 9

Chapter 9
•Peeta's POV•

Katniss and Willow both were still asleep on the couch, they have been for two hours and I didn't want to leave them down stairs alone tonight. I walk over to the side of the couch, getting down on my knees so I am closer to them.

"Katniss." I whisper, slightly shaking her. "Katniss." I repeat. She groans, sleepily opening her eyes.

"Hey." I smile. She rubs her eyes and notices Willow curled up on her chest. She smiles at the small girl. They were both still in their dresses from the wedding.

"Why don't you go ahead and get ready for bed, I'll get Willow." I say about to lift Willow off her chest.

"No." She intercepts. I give her a confused look. "She can sleep with us tonight." She says with a smile. I nod and smile back as I lift the small girl into my arms, I walk into the kitchen, grabbing the blanket I had got her. Katniss trudges up the stairs to our room. I head over to Willow's room and grab some pink footy pjs out of a drawer and put them on her. She surprisingly doesn't wake up. Tired girl. I kiss her small forehead before walking back to Katniss and I's room. I find Katniss already in bed waiting for us. I walk over to her setting Willow next to her who stirs a bit before curling up again. I change and climb into bed with Katniss and Willow who was curled up at Katniss's chest. She was so cute.

•Katniss's POV•

This is the latest I have slept since Willow was born. She had slept in for a while but me and Peeta were both up and just laying in bed. We had gotten used to waking up early to stop Willow's cries. I watch as Willow's eyes fluter open, she stares at us.

"Dada!" She coos, crawling over to Peeta and clapping her hands, something I had taught her.

"Am I the only one who is starved?" I ask sitting up.

"I don't blame you, you didn't eat yesterday." Peeta chuckles as Willow lets herself fall onto Peeta's chest.

"I'm gonna go find food." I say before walking downstairs.

I search through the cabinets looking for food. Instead I just make toast. I am sitting at the counter when Peeta comes downstairs with Willow wrapped in a blanket.

"Hey Will!" I smile.

"Mama!" Willow claps her hands. I giggle and walk over to Peeta, taking Willow from his arms.

"Mama!" She exclaims. I giggle and kiss her forehead as the door bell rings. I hold Willow to my chest and walk in over to the door. I answer it just to almost be ran over by Peeta and I's prep teams, Plutarch and Effie. I hold onto my daughter for dear life as the all rush in, hugging me, scolding me on how I let my eye brows grow out, and that I haven't shaved. I roll my eyes and break away from the crowd of idiots and walk to Peeta.

"Help me!" I beg. He just chuckles and takes Willow, placing her in the play pen and pushing me towards the Capitol freaks. Thanks Peeta.
You sure are helpful.