Chapter 66

A Baby Mockingjay 66

Chapter 66

•Katniss' POV•

"Katniss, wake up." Peeta coos as he shakes me awake I groan as Claudius Templesmith's voice booms through out the arena.

"At dawn, there will be a feast, everyone must attend or you will die. Good luck." He words hung in the air, but there was something lingering in the back ground as he talked. Screams, of a little girl. Willow! No! They've taken her!

"Peeta!" I exclaim as tears begin to roll down my cheeks. "They have Willow!" I exclaim, sobbing loudly, they can't take her!

"Shh... How do you know?!" Peeta exclaims.

"In-in the back ground o-of the announcements, I-I could h-hear her screams." I say trying to stop my sobs.

"It'll all be okay." Peeta coos.

"No it won't. They have our daughter Peeta!" I sob.

"Okay, I understand, come on, we have to get ready for the feast." Peeta insists. I nod and redo my braid before sitting back down. I lift up my shirt and gasp when I see my cut. It was almost completely healed, I smile and go back to packing up the packs. I re-adjust my pin, I think of how Willow had given it back to me when we had said our goodbyes. I miss her so much.

"Katniss, we have to go." Peeta says, snapping me from my thoughts. I nod and follow him out of the cave, I get rid of all evidence that we were ever there so that no one would come back and wait for us to return. Outside it was burning hot. I felt like I was gonna melt and the sun isn't even up yet. The river had gone down and was moving slowly. They are trying to draw us together by draining our water system. I fill our canteens before putting a few drops of water purifier and walking off with Peeta by my side, praying that it wasn't actually Willow I had heard.