Chapter 12

Chapter 12

•Naomi's POV•

"Sorry." I say regaining my balance and running off again.

•Peeta's POV•

I had gone to the market suspecting Katniss wouldn't be home for a while. Effie and the others had gone back to their home saying they would come back a different day.

"Peeta!" I hear a voice yell. I turn towards the source, I see the dirty blonde haired girl running towards me, calling my name.

"You need to get home!" Naomi exclaims.

"Why?" I ask.

"Katniss is freaking out! She doesn't know what happened to you!" She exclaims. My eyes widen and I begin to run towards the house. I run to the house and burst through the front door. I run up stairs to see Katniss curled up on the floor of Willow's room sobbing.

"Katniss, calm down!" I exclaim pulling her curled up body onto me lap. "Shh... Calm down. It's okay." I try and calm her down.

•Katniss's POV•

I curl up on Peeta's lap and start to take deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Why was she crying?" Peeta asks Naomi who is behind him.

"She started to freak out when she noticed no one was home. I guess she thought something happened to you." Gale explains.

"You scared me." I whimper, "I thought the Capitol took you again."

"No, I wouldn't leave. Where's Willow?" Peeta asks.

"Gale has her." I say.

"Naomi has her." Gale says right after. I look at Naomi, she was holding Willow who was asleep.

"Naomi's pregnant." I break in.

"Congratulations." Peeta smiles at them.

"Thank you." Naomi smiles but she doesn't look up from Willow. She will be a great mother.

"We should go." Gale says.

"No, you don't have to." I say pulling myself together and sitting up. Naomi looks up at me and smiles then looks back down at Willow who had a blanket I had never seen before around her.

"Where did that blanket come from?" I ask, then I notice the pendant stitched into it, it was exactly like my pin.

"I got it yesterday at the market for her." Peeta explains. I nod, how is something from the rebellion still was around?

"How did you get something from the rebellion?" I ask.

"I told the lady I was looking for something for my daughter and she gave me this." Peeta explains.

"Oh." I nod. It looked new, no one has anything that still would be used to insult the Capitol. I want to ask more questions about it but I hold my tongue and try to figure them out myself.