Chapter 32

A Baby Mockingjay 32

Chapter 32

Haymitch and Effie had let us finish practicing our 'charms' early. I'm up on the roof with Peeta, my head resting on his lap. I'm lost in thought, should I give up the baby? I'm going into the games, it would be harder than it already is with out it.

"Peeta," I whisper, breaking the peaceful silence. He looks down at me with a smile. I know that smile won't be there after I say what a want to.

"I'm thinking of giving up the baby." I say to him. His smile disappears and sadness takes over his face.

"Katniss, why?" He says, chocking on his words, he sounded as if he was about to cry.

"Peeta, we're going into the games, a baby will make it difficult." I tell him. I was now sitting up so I could look him strait in the eye.

"I know that it will be harder Katniss, but I really don't think you should get an abortion." Peeta tells me.

"I know, but even Dayo and Haymitch agree. They though I should give it up. I don't even know any more." I say holding my face in my hands, a few tears run down my face. I was scared and I know I shouldn't give up on the baby, but I really am just scared.

"Katniss, listen, if you think it's best, then I support you, but I really just don't want you to do anything you will regret."