Chapter 58

A Baby Mockingjay 58

Chapter 58
•Peeta's POV•

I was beyond scared, what if I lose Katniss. She was refusing food but she needed to eat. We had all eaten the soup a few days ago.

I look over at Cypress who is hugging her knees and looking out of the cave.

"Cypress, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She tells me. I look back to Katniss and plant a kiss on her lips.

"Look!" Cypress exclaims. She climbs out of the cave and to the ground. We were lucky to find another cave, it was hard to say and about 9 feet off the ground. When Cypress returns, she has a parachute in her hands. She opens it up and looks at it. She takes out a note.

"What does it say?" I ask.

"Haymitch." She says.

"Oh." She opens up the container and smiles.

"Give this to Katniss." She tells me. I look at the container and see that it is full of chicken noodle soup.

"Katniss, wake up." I say, shaking my sleep wife awake.

"What?" She groans.

"You need to eat." I tell her.

"Peeta, I'm not hungry, I don't want anything." Katniss protests.

"Just eat a little, please." I beg. She lets out a breath and nods. "What's that?" Katniss asks looking at the soup.

"Soup." I say. She sits up and reaches for the bowl but I shake my head. She seems confused.

"Guys I'm gonna go pick berries." Cypress informs.

"Okay." I says.

"Don't eat any until you get back. No night lock!" Katniss informs. I chuckle and look back to Katniss. I take a spoon of soup and feed it to her. After a while she falls back asleep. I'm scared that if she goes to sleep she won't wake up again, I call her from her sleep again and pull her into my arms.

"Peeta, I'm tired." She tells me, "why did you wake me up?"

"I'm scared that if your eyes shut I won't see them open again."