Chapter 47

A Baby Mockingjay 47

Chapter 47

We take Cypress to the cave and help her with her eye. I dig through Silver's pack, finding another jacket, cloth, another pair of night vision glasses, soup, a bag of crackers, two knives, and a mini hatchet, box of matches and a almost empty bag of dried fruit, socks, and gloves.

"Cypress, have you been able to look through your pack?" I ask. She nods.

"There's rope, wire, a canteen with water, and water purifier, and gloves." She tells me. She didn't have much. It begins to get cold as the anthem begins to play. I look in the sky and see Alice, Silver, and the District 3 girl. I begin setting up the sleeping bag we are going to share. It'll be snug be it will help us keep warm.

"I'll take first watch." Cypress volunteers.

"No Cypress, it's fine you need to sleep. It could help your eye." I say but she just shakes her head no.

"It's fine, I'll wake you when I get tired, I swear." Cypress smiles.

"Cypress, no one comes out at night. It's practically freezing." Peeta cuts in. She lets out a sigh of defeat. We all climb into the sleeping bag, Cypress laying between me and Peeta. The way she nestles close to me lets me know that she actually trusts us. I look at Peeta and smile, before draping the blanket over all of us and dozing into sleep.