Chapter 59

A Baby Mockingjay 59

Chapter 59
•Katniss' POV•

He doesn't understand, wether I fall asleep or not, I'm losing my life, I could get blood poising, I'm carrying a child at the same time, I don't have a clue how the child is still alive but I have felt it kicking, I know it hasn't given up its life, and I'm gonna do my best to keep it alive, and myself, for Peeta.

I scotch over to Peeta so my head lays on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me, we sit like this till a scream breaks us apart.

"Cypress." I say under my breath. I drag my self to my feet and try to climb out of the cave while holding onto my bow. I begin to run, grasping my stomach in pain as I go.

"Cypress!" I scream.

"Katniss!" The scream yells from the forest.

"Cypress!" I yell, holding onto my stomach as Peeta slides to a stop next to me. I see a bird looking at me, I squint my eyes at it, it's mouths opens and lets out Cypress' scream.

"Jabberjays." I whisper, I continue to stumble through the forest, calling for Cypress.

"Katniss!" Someone screams, I know this is real, this is no bird, this is Cypress.

"Cypress!" I scream, running as I try and find her. I stop running and look around me, Peeta catches up to me, everything was quiet, no birds, no screams, no sounds, I could hear myself breathing. This wasn't right. I step closer to Peeta, my stomach hurts so much, I can barley stand it, I look at my cut, we forgot to wrap it, the little bit that the wound had closed had now opened and was bleeding.

"Katniss!" A scream breaks the silence, I force myself to run towards the cry's.

"I'm coming Cypress!" I yell. My name is screamed again, she's right in front of me, Satin holding her in a choke hold. I glare at him, trying to to show the pain that my wound is giving me.

"Let her go." I growl.

"Oh, and why should I, Fire Girl." Satin snarls. I load my bow, drawing it back so it faces the ground.

"Let her go." I repeat, raising me bow. I watch him tighten his grip around Cypress' neck so it's harder for her to breath, she try's to fight and get away. He holds her so she blocks head upper body, as if using her as a shield. I don't know what to do, I could shoot his arm but the that's wouldn't exactly work, the one place that is unprotected, his neck. I lift my bow and send an arrow flying into his neck, he flys back. He pulls the arrow from his neck before falling to his death.

"Katniss..." A shaky voice gasps. My eyes snap from Satin as his cannon sounds to Cypress, her face was pale, her bad eye closed. She drops to her knees, I look at her stomach to see a deep cut running from her belly to her chest.

"No." I gasp my voice shaky as I stumble to her. She was crying, I hold her in my arms as I lay her down. I catch Peeta looking at me, he doesn't know what to do. I let tears flow down my cheeks.

"Cypress, everything will be alright." I tell her, but we both know that's not true.

"Katniss?" her voice says shakily.

"Yes?" I say, trying to stop my tears. I turn to Satin and notice the long sword in his hand, the tip had Cypress' blood splattered on the end.

"I-I got y-you ber-berries." She stutters as she places the tinny berries in my hands, but there is not only berries. I open my hand and look to see a necklace, at the end of the silver chain was a star connected to a moon.

"What is this?" I ask, my voice still shaky.

She sniffs, "My necklace, I-I want you t-to have it." She tells me. I nod and place it in my pocket. She takes my hand and holds onto it.

"It's okay. It'll be okay." I tell her. She sniffs and nods her head lightly. I look at her stomach, her is drenched in blood. I look back to her just as she takes her last breath. I push her good eyes eye lid shut and kiss her forehead.

"Goodbye Cypress."