Chapter 68

A Baby Mockingjay 68

Chapter 68

I try and stop Peeta but he has already stood up before I can stop him.

"They'll get you!" I exclaim, I don't want everything to happen to him, I can't imagine life without him. I imagine loosing him now because he try's to protect me. No, that can't happen! I can't ever lose Peeta! I'd rather die!

"Katniss, sh... It's okay." Peeta coos. I didn't understand till I noticed that I was crying. Peeta was holding me in his warm protective arms, I felt safe, as if nothing could ever happen to us, but this feeling is broken when a gong sounds. I jump and Peeta tightens his grip around me.

"Just wait here and watch my back." Peeta tells me before removing his arms from around me and kissing my forehead before standing up and slowly walking towards the cornucopia along with the other tributes. I catch Alana, Bolt, Ermin and Slate giving him death glares. I know they are looking for me.

"Where's you wife, Peeta, is she dead yet?" Ermin spats as everyone gathers at the table. I can see rage build on Peeta's face.

"She's safe and healthy where none of you disgusting creatures can find her." Peeta snarls as he takes a loaf of bread from the table.

"Hey! Lover boy! Put the bread down, it's ours!" Alana snarls.

"Since when did you claim it?!" Peeta growls, getting up in front of Alana.

"Listen here 12, back off, there's four of us and one of you, I suggest getting lost before we find your girl and finish her." Slate growls.