Chapter 30

A Baby Mockingjay 30

Chapter 30

•Peeta's POV•

When Katniss had looked at me, she seem so scared and sad. Now I was stuck looking for her.

"Katniss?!" I call as I wonder around the halls. Dayo was also searching, he had found some feathers from her costume.

"Katniss!" I call again. I find another feather. I walk over to a closet and open it to find Katniss curled up on the floor with coats draped over her. I kneel next to her and pull her onto my lap. It was obvious she had been crying, she had make up all over her eyes.

"Dayo!" I call as he walks by. He smiles seeing I found her. She seemed sad and scared, it hurt me to see her like that. I hug her, it's my fault. She begins to stir before her eyes flutter open. She stares at me but then looks away.

"Katniss, I love you, I didn't mean to hurt you, can we talk?"I ask.

"About what?" She asks, giving me a glance.

"Anything, the baby, the games, allies, anything." I smile.

"What is there to talk about the baby?" I ask.

"Name. I don't know." I chuckle.

"Okay, what do you want to name it?" I ask.

"Lily." I smile.

"We don't know that it will be a girl. I say Rye." Katniss smiles.

"Okay, if its a girl Lily, a boy Rye." I smile. She smiles back at me a nestles her head in my neck. I smile and kiss her forehead, I'm happy she's okay now.

She suddenly hops off and begins to walk off.

"Where are you going?" I ask. She doesn't reply but continues to walk off. By the time I find her again, she walking back to our room with food.

"I should've known you were hungry!" I laugh reaching for what I think is a bowl of grapes. Katniss, not having any free hands try's to bite me. I jump back and she breaks out laughing and walks off. I smile and follow her. She sits on the bed and eats grapes. I reach for one, but she swats my hand away and nails me with a grape in the head.

It was getting late and she finished her grapes and curls up in bed. I turn off the light and lay down. I feel the bed shift and Katniss curl up at my chest. She seemed clingy today. It was nice though. I wrap my arms around her and doze off with her in my arms.