Chapter 94

A Baby Mockingjay 94

Chapter 94
•Katniss' POV•

Slate grins at Ermin who was holding onto Will so she wouldn't fall.

"I see you've left the careers." Slate hisses at him.

"It was worth it." Ermin says trying to stay strong as he pushes Willow so she comes to me.

"Well," Slate says turning so he's looking over at me.

"Poor Katniss, all knocked up, all thanks to lover boy." Slate teases. This make me mad, the arena begins to get dark, the water glowing an unnatural shade of blue. Then I see the neon blue circles and remember the mutt, the mutation had those all over its body! There were so many, there was probably at least 10 mutts. But I can't see the black skin.

"Peeta, the mutts." I whisper. He turns and looks at the water just as one jumps out of the water, it's skin black till it hits the water then it blends into it. I hear claws against the golden cornucopia, I look back to Slate and he grins, he pushes Willow, causing her to almost slide off the cornucopia, but Ermin catching hold of her hand. Slate steps on my chest pushing me down so I can't stand up. Peeta stands defensively, glaring at Slate.

"Get your foot off of her." He growls. Slate wraps his hand around Peeta's neck and pushes him towards the edge so he leans over, only his feet barley hanging on. I stand up now Slate has taken his foot away. I load my bow, trying to keep my back from bleeding much.

"You shoot, and lover boy goes down." Slate smirks. I look we Peeta the innocents in his eyes, he grips onto Slates arm. I hear a screeching sound, I slap my hands over my ears Slate does the same, sending him falling.