Chapter 55

A Baby Mockingjay 55

Chapter 55

•Katniss' POV•

Peeta lays down the blanket setting me down on it. I lays my head on his lap and begins to cry.

"Hey, it'll be okay." He tells me, He begins to rub his hand up and down my back, trying to calm me down.

"Shut up!" Someone hisses. Peeta stands up quickly, holding up the sword. Someone steps from the trees, Bolt, he was unarmed.

"Peeta! What happened to Katniss?!" Bolt exclaims as if him and Peeta were good friends. I can see rage in Peeta's eyes, then his eyes turn to all pupils.

"You get out of here! You did this to her!" Peeta yells.

"Peeta, Slate cut her." Bolt says, he's right, but he was there to. Bolt takes a step forward before Peeta snaps at him again.

"You take another step closer to her and I kill you." Peeta snarls. I scream in pain, it felt like the demon was killing me from the inside. Peeta takes one glance at me, worry and rage in his eyes before looking back at Bolt who had creeped close. Peeta's hands form fists, his knuckles turning white.

"You stay away from her you mutt." Peeta snarls.

"She's as good as dead!" Bolt yells.

"I dare you do say that again. She's a fighter. She. Will. Live."

"She's dead." Bolt hisses, but just as he finishes Peeta punches him across the face, sending him falling to the ground.

"You say that again and your dead!" Peeta spats.

"I understand that you can't see it, but look at her, she's in pain and is letting go." Bolt says as calmly as possible. Peeta holds up the sword, but then lowers it. He forces Bolt to his feet and pushes him away with his sword.

"Get out of here." Peeta growls, poking him with the sword before coming back to my side. I was crying in pain. I throw up again and begin to feel dizzy.

"Here, try and eat something." Peeta says handing me a cracker. I quickly eat it and reach for the package, wanting more. He smiles and pulls it from my reach.

"Peeta." I wine. He gives me the package, I eat half of it before putting it back in the pack.

"When did you get so hungry?" Peeta chuckles. I giggle and shrug. My head begins to pound, I grasp it in pain, my stomach still hurt also.

"It feels like I'm pregnant again!" I exclaim through the pain. My eyes widen. No.