Living the Homestuck Life ~ 22

An update to end the last day of the summer to all my fans and followers out there! Have a great school year! (GoING TO DIE AND DROWN MYSELF IN TEARS!) 
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! AND SLEEP WEELLL AND HAVE GREAT DREAMS UWU 
Or if it's somehow morning ..../shrug/ good luck anyway *thumbs up* 

Song: On top of the world
Artist: Imagine Dragons 
___________________________________

I know its hard when you're falling down
And it's a long way up when you hit the ground
But get up now, get up, get up now
Cause I'm on top of the world

Chapter 22 

The setting of the story changes, you are now in a different place, and in a different time. Everything is green around you, clocks ticking and tocking, and a weird man sitting behind a chessboard. His legs were crossed and he leaned back relaxed on the chair. He moved the white knight across the chessboard and a picture on his desk glowed. You were curious, so you approached the desk looking at the glowing picture. It was of a boy. Someone stabbing him multiple times in the chest had killed him. His dirty blond hair was covering his eyes and a black dog towered over him. You gasped. It was Spencer, the youngest out of the bunch of four kids. He is dead.

(A/N When I mean a different time…I mean like this is the future! Don’t worry. Spence isn’t dead….yet….)

“Idiotic child. Careless,” the man sounded like a horse but you understood him.  You looked behind you to see that a black Rook piece standing where the white knight last stood. Then a bishop piece slowly started to move inward close to the Rook; however, the black Rook conquered the white bishop’s spot. A new picture glowed on the desk next to the one you last saw. You picked it up and noticed it was the main protagonist in the story, Rebecca. She was lying on the floor holding onto her side that stained red. She was lying next to the boy who is pierced multiple times. You can hear her cries for help. The black dog cackled a laugh, howled, and zapped away.

“You know, reader,” the man stood up and walked towards you caring the white knight and bishop, "Even the bishop promised not to protect the Knight and let him free, bishops are always there between a knight and a king. That is how the game goes. So much for a character development,” He chuckled darkly, “Chess is a complicated game with mind and skill. If you don’t have these qualifications for the game, you will lose instantly. However, “ he laid the pieces back on the chessboard, “If you know how the game goes by learning with each step, you will earn the qualification. Such as godtier. It shows you that you have gone through the game, died, and risen back up telling the whole universe that you made it through,”

Two more pictures glowed on the desk showing, in the first one, Rebecca picking up the boy’s limp body on her back. In the second picture, it shows her lying him down on the Hero of Space bed. Tears streamed down from her eyes and she whispered that she was sorry. Rebecca kissed his forehead and limped away and the picture grew dark. Then, a bright white light blinded you. You look away and back to see the boy’s body rising up in the air. Rebecca turned around and smiled warmly. The boy was suited up with black pants and a shirt with the space symbol in the center, a black long cape, and a tight hood that you couldn’t help but think of him like a black…condom? His eyes shot open that showed you bright cobalt eyes.

“And at last, the Knight of Space has risen,” he placed the chess piece on the board and said, “Check mate,”

He stood up and dragged a window across the neon wall. He clicked it on and in the top right corner was Rebecca running in lightening speed down the street. In the top left corner was Spencer using his axe to kill the imps, in the bottom left was Angela teaming up with John and Jade, and Vanessa in the bottom right with Rose and Dave. “Watch and see reader,” he stated, “This will be some sight,”
You heard the chess pieces move slowly on the chessboard. You turned your head to look at it and you noticed the pieces have been arranged. “New game reader,” he stated looking intently at the large screen. You wondered how he could see if he doesn’t have eyes, or even talk with no mouth.

Rebecca sprinted down the cracked street like a lightening bolt. Her feet pounding on the cement faster than light and as you see her, it was only just a flash.  It was never suppose to be like this – the world ending. Just by a silly game, it can cut the string of life. Rebecca screeched to a halt, the soles of her shoes screaming. She looked around her, burned down buildings and a tall tower in front of her a few miles away. Rebecca took off her goggles and squinted at the sight. It was what she was needing, her prototype for her to-be-sprite.  Just teenagers trying to succeed in a knotted life with many outcomes of their chosen decisions. However, they don’t know that the choice they made makes them have another route. A route that soon enough will have a dead end. This girl knew of this city as a paper town on a paper map that labeled “Houston”. There was nothing important about this certain paper town anymore everything’s been erased. All the memories stood tall as Rebecca flashed by the erased buildings in quick blurs. Her current mission is to get the prototype and make that sprite!