Chapter 48.

Chanel.

Today was Children's Day and I was so excited!
It was the Easter holidays and the weather was nice! We had bouncy castles, a DJ, raffles, games, a stage, food and drink stalls. You name it we had it. And what was even better was all the adults involved lived in the area. All the children under the age of 18 that lived in Kites had wristbands so they could take part in everything for free. Everyone else had to pay. We had people from the social coming and reporters from the local paper.

I was hoping everything would go to plan. I was really trying to make a difference. I hoped that if people saw what we was trying to do they too would want to make a difference.

My house had been nothing but chaos! People in and out all day from this morning. Mummy Lisa has been walking around like she's stuck on fast forward.

"You want to go Aunty Chan?" Yasmine said to my God Daughter.

I smiled.

"Hey Yan Yan! I would love to play with you but Aunty is sooooo busy and mummy knows this!" I said in my baby voice.

I looked at Yasmine.

"You still having trouble?"

"Not always."

"Why don't you talk to someone?"

"So they can say I'm not a fit mother? No it's alright."

"Doesn't make you an unfit mother. It happens sometimes."

"Yeah, and it just so happens to me who also forces themself to be sick."

"Which you don't do no more!"

"Yeah but still. That's not how everyone else will see it."

"Well eff them! Look. Just because you two are not connecting now doesn't mean you won't. You're most probably just tired. If your stubborn self would just forgive Tallz so you lot could move on then maybe you wouldn't be so tired."

Yasmine rolled her eyes at me. I know she knew I was right.

"Look. Tallz parents AND your parents are here. Give Yan to one of them and come help me." I told her.

She looked so relieved it was sad. But I knew that eventually she would come around.

All in all the day was a success. I had Rico, Yas, Tallz, my sisters, Miles, Corey and even Monique. Yes... Monique. Here supporting me and I was so grateful.

"Hey guys! Just want to say thank you all for coming. The day isn't over yet but all of you contributed in your own way. So once again thank you for helping. And I'm glad nothing went wrong." I said.

"Well... Ain't this cute." I heard an annoying voice say. I turned around knowing it was Amber.

"Hey, are you here to support the community? The same community YOU live in?" I asked her.

"Yeah yeah yeah cut alla that. You don't like me and I don't like you but what I don't appreciate is you running your mouth about shit that don't concern you. Little girl this is how you will get fucked up." She said as she stepped to my face.