Chapter 29.

Rico.

I had been waiting for a letter so anytime my post came I was hoping that was it. It was a letter from a specific university.

I was running late for work so I grabbed all my letters and flung them in my car. I raced to work and got there just in time.

Luckily work went quickly. I was looking forward to chilling with the guys. Even though Chanel was inside and it was all crazy. Seeing her kind of made me feel better. I was hoping that she would change her solicitor, maybe one that actually wants to help her.

"Yo yo! How's wifey?" Dre asked as I left work and they were outside waiting.

"She's holding up." I said. Sometimes I still couldn't believe it. My girl, being in jail. I shook my head at the thought of it.

"So you waiting yeah?" Joker asked.

"Can we not talk about it please. I thought we was gonna have a good time. That's what you lot have been wanting right?"

"Yeahhhh! But man needs to know! When we around the girls do I tell em you on the market or you all loved up." Joker mocked.

"Since when has my relationship status stopped you saying whatever it is you want to say?" I asked Joker making us laugh.

I jumped in my car and drove to the arcade. When I parked up I remembered that I hadn't read my letters. I checked to see if there was any from the university but there wasn't.

I saw a letter and recognised the handwriting. It was Chanel's. I opened the letter:

To My Reeks.
I know this letter may come as a shock to you and maybe even sound like I am ungrateful. But I'm doing this for you. First. I want to thank you for what you have done for me. Getting me a job. Giving me that confidence to love again. Yes. Love. And I want to thank you for being there for me. Other than Corey no one knows everything that you do. You will forever hold a place in my heart. However let's face it. I'll be here for a while. I'm no good. My own mother said it herself. I would be selfish to let you wait for me. So... Don't reply, don't try to visit me. Just move on. Find someone who can grow with you. I know it hasn't been that long but honestly I love you. Sorry I couldn't be what you wanted to be.

P.s - make sure you always be that big brother to Yasmine. I sent her a letter too. I hope you both understand.
Adidas.x

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I don't get it. I saw her a couple days ago and we was all good.

I've never been dumped before. I've never been in this situation before. I looked up and saw them lot waiting for me. But honestly I couldn't face them.

I started up my car and drove off. They were all calling my phone. I didn't want to answer. I texted Tallz telling him to go check on Yasmine.

I drove to mine and went up to my room. I thought about how I said after Monique I was done with girls and now look. I'm here ready to wait for Chanel for her to cut all ties. What the hell?

The more I thought about it all the more pissed off I got. I was willing to go against my boys and stay in London to be with Chanel. I was actually going to wait as if to say I'm some mug.

Well fuck going University in London. Fuck waiting for her. If that's the decision she's making who am I to stop her?

****************

A MONTH LATER...

I was at Tallz house and we were smoking.

"Fuck sake." Tallz said.

"She still not answering?" I asked him.

"Nah."

"Man, just give her some space. She'll come around."

"Space? Bro. She been living here and throwing up all this time and I never knew? Clearly I been giving her space. It's not even that though. She doesn't tell anyone when she was allowed to go home, then she comes here and packs all her stuff and leave. Then when I'm trying to contact her she won't answer and her mum and dad saying she don't want to talk to me but then her mum is calling me telling me she's hearing her throw up! It's all too much bro." He said as I handed him the spliff.

"Sounds like a lot bro. Anyway... Fuck em. It's time to turn up."

"Really bro? What did your letter say? You never said." Tallz said passing back the spliff. I looked at him and took a pull.

"She dumped me bro. That's what the letter was about."

"Say swear?"

"I swear..."

"That's mad bro."

"Yeah, well fuck it. Minor. I'm good." I said. Tallz looked at me funny. "...what?"

"You come here everyday to smoke. YOU don't do that. You ain't good."

"I'm good bro. We've finished college. I don't have to do anything else other than work, smoke and turn up with my mandem. I'm good." I told him.

"Hmmm, if you say so."

"Yeah I do. Now let me show you how a real nigga whoops your ass on Fifa!" I said and grabbed the pad hoping Tallz would change the subject.

A few hours later we was all at a house party turning up. The kush was loud, the alcohol was flowing and the girls were in full force.

Like I said, when I'm in a relationship I'm faithful. But when I'm single, I don't own loyalty to nobody.

I was higher than a kite! I had two cups one with henny one with ciroc. My head was light!
I was chilling talking to a brownin' when I heard commotion coming from outside. I could see Tallz from afar because he was so damn tall. I ran out and saw Dre getting into a madness... As usual. I rolled my eyes. I pushed my way forward to see what was going on. By the time I reached the front Dre had swung for the guy and his boys jumped Dre. We all jumped in swinging for anyone that wasn't one of us.

Since Chanel has been in I've been keeping it together because I didn't want to believe I felt so strongly about her. About any girl. Then she dumps me. Yeah I was angry it had me feeling some type of way.
I guess I didn't realise how angry I was until I started letting it out by fighting. Between the alcohol, the kush and my feelings I was a beast right now.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain to my stomach and I fell to the ground. Everything and everyone was so distant. I was in and out of consciousness. I felt someone grab me. I think it was Tallz.

"Oh shit!! REEKS!! REEKS!! Aye! Someone call the ambulance. He's been stabbed!!" Was the last thing I heard...