Chapter 43 - Exploring the cave.

“I love the fresh sea breeze as the wave’s crash on the sand.” Hollie smiled dreamily.

“Who would have guessed?” Amy said sarcastically.

“You know how long it took us to rid this place of weird creatures?” Hecate asked.

“A day with your power probably,” Jordan replied.

“Two days, it’s not an easy job, you’ve got to clear the whole area of sea and you’ve got to find all those stupid ones that live underground,” Hecate corrected, as if two days of work was unbelievable.

“Couldn’t you have just used some spell to get rid of all living things?” Broudie suggested.

“It’s not just animals that are alive Broudie, forgetting about plants? The place would have been a dessert if I’d have done that.” Hecate shook her head and stumbled down a bank.

The bank lead straight to the beach.

White sand covered the floor, broken up by shells and pebbles. The sea had no waves at all, just little ripples on the surface and a slight lip that curled over as the ripples came to land, snarling a faint grumble.

As soon as they reached the beach, they all, bar Hecate and Mormo, fell to the ground.

The sand was warm to the touch and it felt so nice. Jay sat upright and then took in the magnificent view. The beach must have been a mile in length and the sea was a turquoise jelly of yumminess.

Hollie leapt to her feet and sprinted to the sea. She splashed into the shallows and then dived underwater, just as she’d done at the Galapagos.

Hollie emerged from the water, completely drenched in sea, though she didn’t seem to mind.

“I like this place.” Hollie skipped back out of the water. “Exothius,” she chanted, the spell drying her and her clothes.

“You need to start trying to use your powers without those boring spells. You’d lose in a battle you would. By the time you’ve squealed something, the enemy would have cut you to pieces.” Hecate shrugged.

“We can do certain spells without saying anything,” Jordan told.

“Certain things are not as good as most things,” Hecate replied.

“You used spells in the temple,” Claire blurted, immediately wanting to retract the comment.