Chapter 20 - Another plane journey.

“Yeah, and it’s about to get even better. Dinners here,” Claire announced, two waiters walked in with plates balancing on their arms.

“Locro?” one asked.

Claire directed each dish as they were called out.

“Fritada?” the waiter held out a dish and Claire pointed towards Broudie, where the waiter placed the dish and swept off behind the bar again.

“Looks nice,” Jordan decided after taking a good look at his soup from different angles and smelling it, his nose nearly touching the orange concoction.

“Yeah this rice, chips and beef thing looks nice too,” Jay agreed.

“Forget how nice it looks, how about how nice it tastes.” Hollie shovelled down a mouth full of rice and a small slither of beef. She nodded in approval.

“Oo, what is this soup? It’s soup-er,” Jordan slurped.

“It’s Locro,” Claire answered, ignoring his humour.

They laughed.

“What? It is Locro?” Claire shrugged, gulping down her spoonful.

They finished off their lunch and set off again. Jay was getting used to travelling. He’d done loads of it ever since Jordan flew them to that dirt path when they first met. He kind of felt a little travel sick.

“Ok, do we know where we are going?” Broudie asked as they exited the hotel onto the path opposite the airport after they’d eaten their lunches.

“Yep, back into the airport and over to the islands,” Hollie answered.

“No more flying,” Broudie wined.

“You can stay here if you want,” Jordan suggested, “Do us all a big favour.”

“Offended!”

They headed back towards the airport.

It was when they were crossing the drop off area, that Jay felt the unusual sensation. He looked around and everything went into slow motion and the background noises were enveloped by a ferocious, muffled, buzzing sound.

Jay’s eyes went blurry as he turned to see what was going on. Coming to a stop in the middle of the road, Jay spotted roughly ten people crossing the road about twenty metres away from him. Most of them seemed quite similar, walking immaturely, but one of them was much taller than the others and wearing a nest of curly locks. He was wearing nothing on his top half but on his bottom half he wore…correction, his bottom half wasn’t wearing anything either, it was just simply a mane of fur running from his waist to his…hooves?