Chapter 23 - The duel-headed snake.

“Hollie move it, they’re coming for us!” Broudie panicked.

“Guys they aren’t. They’re Hippocampus,” Jordan told.

“Hippocampus?” Jay asked, his voice returning to him.

“Oh, yeah. Now we know what they are, we can run away from them.” Broudie gave one last bit of strength to pull up Claire, who landed on the dolphin out of breath.

“No, Hippocampus were never thrown into Tartarus, they aren’t the bad monsters,” Jordan said.

“How do you know?” Claire huffed.

“Because the gods still use them. They are like helpers, and they do jobs for the gods, especially Poseidon,” Jordan replied.

“What if the gods decided we were a failure, and they sent some weird creatures out to kill us?” Broudie thought.

“Look, don’t you think Hollie would have gone by now if she thought they were dangerous. Maybe it’s what hmm hmmm hmm tipped Hollie on,” Jordan said.

“Shut up with the hmm hmm’s,” Broudie cursed, leaning away from the creatures.

Then the two Hippocampus moved towards the dolphin’s face.

“What are they doing?” Claire asked.

“Talking to someone who can speak the lingo,” Jordan answered.

The Hippocampus started moving their mouths, as if they were talking. Their snouts blowing tiny bubbles through their turquoise

The Hippocampus then seemed to bow to Hollie, lifting their elegant hooves and lowering their heads. Their eyes sparkled a shine of silver and they swayed to the right in a synchronized dance, swishing their tails as a wave goodbye.

It all went quick and it was like something out of a pathetic, child’s fairy-tale.

“What did they say Hol?” Broudie questioned.

“Are you sure you have a brain?” Jordan shook his head and looked forward.

“Hollie you can go now,” Jay told, his legs stinging from the harsh ocean.

Then Hollie called a high pitched chirp, and they started to move slowly over the sea.

“Can’t you go any faster Hol?” Broudie moaned. “It’d take us about five hours to get over there at this rate.”