Chapter 22 - Horse-fish.

“What happens if the tourists see us?” Jay asked.

“Are you gonna use the watch?” Broudie said.

“Yeah.” Hollie leapt into a pit of sand, as she raced towards the sea. They emerged from the sand dunes onto the beach, and that was when the heat hit them properly.

Soft sand engulfed their feet with every step they took. The sun shone brightly over the beautiful sea, seaweed covered rocks protruding from it like tiny islands.

“Oh I love water,” Hollie said as they travelled down the beach, running past the few tourists, who lifted their heads off their blankets and shot dirty looks at them.

Hollie didn’t really think about how strange it would be if a random teenager just ran down a beach and plunged into the sea like a fish, as she splashed her way out to the deep.

“Hollie, what are you doing?” Jordan shouted as Hollie continued to thrust her way through the water, screaming like she was on a rollercoaster ride.

“Swimming!” she ducked her head under water and disappeared out of sight.

“Look at all the tourists, they’ll think we’re mad,” Jay said, counting the many scrunched up, confused faces along the beach.

There was silence as Jay, Jordan, Claire and Broudie stood at the edge of the water, praying for Hollie to emerge from the water and get out, stopping all the many people on the beach staring at them.

Then suddenly there was a splash of water and Hollie rocketed about a ft. into the air. She caught a glimpse of the many tourists as she fell back into the sea with a worried expression.

Another splash and she emerged once again, but this time she started swimming back towards the shore.

“Well done Hol, you are definitely going to win that…that synchronised swimming contest, eh, with them moves.” Jordan winked as Hollie lifted herself up out of the sea, her clothes were drenched and heavy.

“Yeah, I hope I do win that swimming contest,” Hollie said aloud, pretending that she was an underwater acrobatic professional, and that was the reason why she shot a couple of ft. into the air.

“Was she any good guys? Did you like her dramatic running approach?” Jordan shouted to the tourists who just smiled, the odd few kids giving her the thumbs up.

“Thanks Jord. I dunno what got over me, probably because I haven’t seen water in so long,” Hollie whispered, as the tourists laid their heads back down on their blankets.

“Hollie should be captain of the quest, she is the most sensible,” Jordan laughed.