Chapter 15 - The dreaded beep.

They jogged down the road and into a small field, where Hollie stopped for a breath.

“Ok, we need to get rid of this invisibility charm. It’ll drain too much energy. See anyone around here?” Hollie asked.

“No, all clear,” Jordan replied after doing a three sixty check.

Hollie closed her eyes and removed the spell with a faint mutter.

“Right now were visible, we need to ask some people where the nearest airport is,” Hollie instructed.

They looked at each other confusedly.

“Seriously, most French speak English. All we need is a heading,” Hollie said, her pace had quickened and her words were just a ramble of blahs, it was hard to understand her.

She sent everyone different ways, each towards someone walking innocently down the street. Jay approached a woman with a buggy and a little boy beside her, walking a casual jog up to meet her.

“Excuse me Madame, you speak English?” Jay questioned, using hand gestures to help with communication.

“No, French, au revoir.” The lady lifted her hand up to his face and walked straight past him rudely.

‘Well that went well,’ Jay congratulated himself. He walked back towards Hollie who must have been watching him, as she was holding her mouth, dampening her laughter.

“She didn’t want to talk,” Jay told her.

“Hollie, I’VE GOT US A TAXI!” Broudie shouted.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN?”

“THIS TAXI DRIVER WILL TAKE US THERE FOR NOTHING!” he wailed.

“C’mon Jay, let’s go. GUYS WERE GETTING A TAXI!” Hollie instructed to the others.

“He’s really nice, speaks English as well, and got enough seats,” Broudie spoke as if he was trying to sell the taxi to them, as Hollie and Jay veered near.

Jay looked at the taxi, it was old and had nothing but a simple ‘taxi’ sign on the top, no number to call. He was quite a suspicious man, ‘free taxi? Very much doubt it,’ Jay thought.

“Cool, c’mon let’s get in. Broudie you go in the front with ya new friend,” Hollie instructed, climbing into the black van.

When they were all strapped in tightly the driver set off for the airport. Supposing this guy wasn’t trying to kidnap them. For a brief second Jay panicked at the thought then remembered who he was travelling with: four athletic teenagers with super powers and knives in their back pockets.