Chapter 13 - The unwilling demi-god.

• Dedicated to Cassie Espley Clegg

Chapter 13 - The unwilling demi-god.

The Panotii moved towards them slowly, then pulled off their droopy cloaks.

The black robes fell and what was revealed was a weird sight. They had ears, like bloodhound’s, that drooped from their tiny little elf-ish faces to their dirty, orange feet. They had deep red eyes, no hair, and a cluster of furrow lines on their forehead.

Their face and body were a light orangey colour, and their clothes were green and brown.

They wore vest tops made up of layered leaves, and then a pair of shorts which were also layered similarly. They wore a bendy twig around their waist like a belt, and no shoes. In each one of their hands was a large walking stick made of dark brown wood, carved and polished to perfection.

They lifted their sticks and swung them round like ninjas, a practised routine to try and scare the enemy. That’s when they moved closer.

“Kind creatures, I don’t think so,” Hollie said, pulling out her two blades from her belt.

“What have I been waiting for…? This,” Broudie answered himself, pulling out his massive blade and snapping his fingers to reveal the dark, black and red, terror shield. He looked back at Jay then winked. “Let’s go.”

Jay pulled out his sword and removed his shield from his backpack as quickly as he could. But by the time he found it, he had heard the first swing of a sword; the fighting had begun.

He swung round with his sword and shield to hear Hollie’s orders,

“One each, Claire and Jay can take on one together,” she screamed dodging a hit from one of the elf-like creatures, and protecting a tourist with her blade, which according to Jay’s theory wouldn’t affect her unless she was Greek or had something Greek in her hands. Whether the theory was right, who knows?

Jay swivelled around and saw Claire duelling with one of the Panotii, she was doing well until she noticed Jay, and missed with her blade, leaving the Panotii with and open shot.

Jay was one step ahead, he thrust his hands forward and a flame shot from it. It hit the Panotii and it let out a screech of pain, so horrible, you had to cover your ears. But it really only made him angry.

“JAY!” Claire shouted.

Jay looked up again and saw the Panotii trying to whack Claire with his ninja stick.

He ran forward, his sword clenched tightly in his hand. Jay swung his weapon, making a cut in the creatures arm. He yelped and then turned on Jay.

The creature started twisting and turning his stick, spinning it round himself. Jay knew he wasn’t good at fighting, magic was his only hope, and what should he do in a time of trouble…?