Chapter 4 - In the clutch of Jordan's claws.

They reached the fire and they all started taking seats around it, perching on old trunks of dark tress, a typical campfire setting. Jay followed their example, squatting down on one of the brown logs.

“Right, we’ll meet here tomorrow morning, really early. Then we can call the Gods and tell them of our news. Athena will be happy, and I reckon the oracle will be blessed for her advice,” Amy announced.

“Same time?” Hollie asked, leaning forward so that her face lit up in the light of the fire.

“Yep, 5 ‘o’ clock. Have breakfast in your dorms.” Amy looked over to Jay, “Bring something warm. I’m sure you’ve seen the enchanted wardrobe?”

“Oh, yeah,” Jay replied thinking the conversation sounded a little like something from ‘Narnia’.

“Right, we shall set off when everyone’s here and then we should be up there for half past five. Bobby, can you bring the box?”

“Okay,” Bobby nodded.

“Goodnight then,” Amy finished, rising from her log and stepping away from the fire towards her dorm. “See ya in the morning.”

Some of the group disappeared into their own dormitories, but Hollie, Liam and Philippa stayed behind.

“I can’t wake up at that time without an alarm clock,” Jay yawned as he turned to Liam, who was sat starring at the fire dreamily.

“The wardrobe gives you anything that you want, as long as it is something you are likely to see in a bedroom.” Liam turned his head so as he was now facing Hollie.

“Oh, em Jay. I got some books for you while you were talking to Broudie. They’ll help you with the stuff you don’t know about Greek mythology.”

“I had them when I first arrived. They really do help,” Philippa called from the other side of the fire.

“Here you go.” Hollie handed him seven books, all differently coloured and really heavy. Jay took them off her and stood up, struggling with the books that were weighing him down.

“Thanks,” he managed, trying to disguise the fact that he struggled more than Hollie to hold the books - quite embarrassing.

“No problem. See ya in the morning. Night.” Hollie turned towards her own dorm and disappeared behind the door.

“Yeah, night.” Liam and Philippa walked back as well, leaving Jay on his own next to the warm fire in the center of the small sheds. He leaped over the log he was sat on and then strolled through his own door and into the brightly lit hallway

He closed the door and walked into the front room, where he dropped his pile of books on the table and fell back into a hot leather seat. He took off his shoes and lay down, staring at the ceiling above him.

After a minute or two, he got up and lifted the book on the top of the pile to see its cover. It read ‘1000 Simple Spells for Beginners’ and a picture of a short man pointing his stubby fingers at a drawer, which was half open. He flicked through it and there were loads of mysterious spells with pictures and labels explaining how to perform them. He got to the end of the book and had a look through the other ones on the pile. There was: ‘The Greatest Myths Over The Last Three Millennia’, ‘All of The Gods, Goddesses and Titans That Have Ever Lived’, ‘Mythical Creatures - The Big And The Small’, ‘The Thousand Wonders of The Mythical World’, ‘Learn to Fight with Magic And Swords’ and ‘A Magicians Guide to Squally Ball’.