Chapter 40 - A dream team.

“You play squally ball?” Broudie pondered.

“You do make me laugh. I am the goddess of magic, I invented squally ball. Well along with a load of other sorcerers and sorceresses,” Hecate replied.

“Let’s go then.” Philippa jumped up excitedly.

“Race you.” Hecate clicked her fingers and disappeared.

“Gods, she’s nothing like a goddess, it’s ridiculous,” Alice said.

“Yeah. She’s more like a big kid,” Liam agreed.

“Well as she said, Hokvalmia.” Philippa erupted into grass and appeared again about twenty metres in front.

Jay got himself ready and was about to chant the spell when he turned into fire?

Wait? Did he just…? Without a spell!

It must have been Hecate strengthening their powers again. He jumped into the sky and rocketed along the grass, over the huts, over the stream and then towards the stadium.

He slowed down and dived towards the ground. He saw Hecate and Mormo, then suddenly Philippa emerged from the grass.

Jay hit ground and extinguished, just like he had done on mount Mouvast, except this time with extreme satisfaction glowing from his face.

“Took long enough.” Hecate lifted her arm up as if checking the time, and as she did, a clock appeared and disappeared. “Habits,” she muttered.

“Can I go on your team?” Jay asked, “For squally ball.”

“Me too?” Philippa added.

“Yeah, Mormo will play too, you two can play front and us two will play back,” Hecate agreed.

“Great,” Jay muttered as everyone else joined them.

“So, let’s play then.” Hecate wondered into the stadium and walked onto the far court. Mormo followed.

“Who’s going to go on your team Hecate?” Amy questioned.

“I have my team,” Hecate replied.

Jay and Philippa looked at each other and then sprinted over to join the goddess.