Chapter 37 - Olympus calls.

They strolled down the path for a minute or so, until they reached the entrance. Where they had started their quest.

Jay smiled to himself as he thought in his mind: ‘Home sweet home’. Being in a foster home you never feel a part of anything, even if they try to make it homely, things are constantly changing. There’s always a new child, or one leaving that you’ve just started calling your closest friend. It’s not a nice feeling, its better than nothing Jay used to think. Until now.

Now he had a home he wanted to call home. A place where he felt he could fit in. That was about the nicest part of this all, he had a place. That empty pocket within him that had always lingered in the back of his mind. That darkness. It was gone now. It was fulfilled and bright as morning sky. His dreams had come true and, even though it sounds a bit pathetic, it was sort of like a fairytale.

“Here we are,” Hollie announced, braking off Jay’s daze.

“Hm, good hiding place,” Hecate said.

“Anyone for the honours?” Hollie asked.

“I will,” Broudie called.

He stepped up to the stream that trickled between the path and the stalactite covered cave. He hopped onto the stone, steadied himself, and then said the magic word (literally the magic word),

Misgardio.”

The stalactites retreated and the sound of crumbling rock engulfed the midday tweets of the birds around them. Then the stream rose, creating a circle of water over the cave mouth.

“This is it.” Broudie smiled at the goddess, with her dragon on her shoulder and her friend/companion Mormo beside her, making her look like one of those really bad parrot training acts you have on holiday.

“Go on then Broudie,” Hollie signaled.

“Okay.” Broudie turned to face the water and leapt through it.

“Hecate, would you like to go next?” Hollie asked.

“No, I’ll go last,” Hecate replied.

“Sure?” Hollie jumped through the water wall.

“Go on Jay,” Jordan said.

“Okay.” He leapt to the rock and then stepped into the water. He was engulfed by it, blue and white swirling round him. Even now in this extremely weird transportation portal, he felt safe and at home.