Chapter 21 - Horse-fish.

• Dedicated to Linda Phillips

Chapter 21 - Horse-fish.

He couldn’t sleep at all though. He must have been so full of life that it was impossible to sleep.

Jay spent the whole hour and a half with his head on the plane window, staring out at sea. It was boring, but quite relaxing.

After half an hour both Broudie and Jordan were asleep, snoring away. He looked over and noticed that Hollie and Claire were awake and chatting. He thought about talking but decided he would prefer to just take in the views.

Later on the seat belt signs came back on as they prepared to land.

“Broudie, wake up, we’re about to land.” Jay shook him.

“Uugh.” Broudie stretched out his arms, gave out a large yawn and opened his eyes.

“Wake up Jordan as well, and then get him to ask Hollie for some sweets,” Jay instructed.

“Alright, but let us wake up.”

“Hollie,” Jay shouted across, “You got anything for the way down?”

“Yeah, I’ll pass them over now.” Hollie started searching through her pockets. She found what she wanted and pulled out a couple of sweets.

“I’ll throw them over, can you catch?” Hollie asked.

“Number one cricket player me.”

“Ready?” She leant back and then threw the sweets over the passageway between the two sets of seats. They drifted apart and Jay reached out to grab them. He grasped two but the other got knocked onto the floor by Jordan having a good old stretch.

“Jordan, I could have caught all those.”

He didn’t answer.

Then, Jay bent down and saw the sweet under the seat in front. He reached out and his whole body ceased up as he overheard a conversation not of the norm.

“Zeus knows what you’re up to. He doesn’t trust you at all now.”

“Oh yeah, whatever. Did you hear what those demi-gods said?”

“Yeah, they were really up for it, the whole plan and everything.”

“Well they said that they had experience and that they could be useful. Ha!”

“Probably not.”

“Can you sense something now, y’know, it’s radiating really bad now?”