Chapter 25 - A deadly fall.

The branch tumbled to the ground and blocked all sight of him.

“Broudie?!” Claire called.

“It’s a creature,” he whispered.

Then he emerged from behind the branch and swung across them. He shouted and screamed like Tarzan as he flew through the air, his hands holding onto a long bendy twig of a vine.

“Broudie watch ou-”

He swung over their heads and smashed into a small thin tree. He let go of the vine and fell to the ground, lying motionless.

“Broudie!” The group hurried over to him, he was lying there unconscious.

“We need to bring him round!” Hollie said franticly.

“We could make up a cure for unconsciousness to restore him,” Jordan suggested.

“Well if someone can do it then yes, I’ve never done it before. What the hell was he doing?” Hollie turned Broudie’s head on its side to stop him choking

“Liam showed me something like that, we need lots of leaves. Oh and a fire,” Claire told, “Hurry!”

“C’mon let’s try it, what’s the worst that could happen?” Hollie hurried them on, as they collected leaves and twigs and placed them in a pile beside Claire.

“All you need is leaves and twigs?” Jay asked.

“Something else as well, I think it was something that’s alive.” Claire tried to remember what Liam had used when she was watching him.

“A fly?” Jordan questioned.

“Yes any animal that is alive.” Claire piled up the leaves in a neat circle as Jay went to help Jordan with the fly catching.

“Does it have to be alive?” Jay asked.

“Yes!” Claire shouted.

“Use the capturing spell,” Hollie told.

Baffoliam,” Jordan wailed shooting a spell at a fly crossing him. The fly was cased inside a bubble, so Jordan reached for it and hurried over.

Everything went fast in the jungle, the surrounding natural sounds continuing to whisper, oblivious.

“Right Jay, I need you to set the middle of the leaves alight,” Claire instructed.