Chapter 31 - Sliding into a hot death.

Jay looked over his shoulder and saw a wall of water.

It was opening up in the middle like a portal, and moulding small blobs of water into something. Something round with two long arm-like pieces protruding from each side.

“Hollie, there’s no time to be injured, we gotta run.” Broudie sped up the steps as fast as he could, uncapping his sword (like that was going to do any good against water!).

“How can we kill something made of water, without magic?” Jay puffed, chasing up behind Broudie.

“Cold stuff I guess,” Broudie answered.

“GUYS!” Claire called up, “WHAT ABOUT HOLLIE?”

Broudie, Jay and Jordan turned back and began racing back down the steps towards Hollie and Claire.

As they were rushing down Jay got a mouthful of water. The tingling sensation slapped him as hard as a hand.

The blobs of water were throwing water bombs at them. Jay spat out the water, cleared his eyes and carried on down, grunting with anger.

It was a terrible thing for Jay to laugh at the childish look these water creatures had, but they really didn’t look scary.

When they reached Claire and Hollie, Broudie took Hollie’s other arm and both of them heaved her up the next few steps.

“You lot need to protect us ok,” Broudie ordered.

“How?” Jay questioned.

“I don’t know, find a way.”

“It’s only water, all were going to do is get absolutely soaked, none of us will get hurt,” Jordan said.

“Really?” Beside them was one of the balls of water, which had now grown a very duck-like mouth. “Let’s see what you think of this then.” The ball of water sparked orange and transformed into fire.

Gustarmia,” Jordan howled.

A shock of electricity erupted from the wall and struck its way at Jordan.

Jay was just quick enough to reveal his shield from his rucksack and reflect it. The charge bounced off his shield and straight at the fat-lipped fireball, which somersaulted backwards into the wall of water.

“I guess that’s how we get rid of them then Jay,” Jordan concluded, sprinting up the stairs to catch up with Broudie, Claire and Hollie, who had managed to hobble up another twenty odd steps.