Chapter 45 - Another challenge awaits.

Jay watched as his mates flew over the forest, the murky barrier, a cool vapour on his skin.

“I think we’ll get an early night, I’ll make myself some dinner,” Hecate said as everyone landed successfully.

“Are you sure?” Amy asked.

“Yeah, you lot go run off to your huts, I’ll see you in the morning,” Hecate repeated.

“Seeya.” They waved the goddess, Mormo and the dragon off to the temple.

“So, today’s been cool,” Liam said as they walked over to the campfire.

“Too right, I am totally gonna be in that cave every day,” Jay laughed.

“D’you imagine drinking an apple and raspberry one, ooh, that’d be absolutely scrumptious.”

“Pineapple,” Jay suggested.

They continued naming flavours that there could be all the way back to their dorms.

“Ok guys, we’ll all meet out here at nine, have a lie in if you want. We’ll go over to the temple together,” Amy informed.

“What’s the time?” Jordan asked.

“Don’t know.” Lochlan pretended to look at his wrist, looking at his band instead.

“You always wear that band,” Jay said.

“Because it gives me energy,” Lochlan replied.

“It’s a sweat band.” Jay raised his eyebrows, recalling a conversation he had had with Hollie about a gift Lochlan had been given.

“And it gives me energy,” Lochlan repeated.

“Whatever, see you in the morning guys.” Jay walked off into his dorm.

After a bit of reading in his book about gods and goddesses, he ate his dinner which his oven cooked for him. A luscious cottage pie, nice homely comfort food.

Then, after he took a quick look around his workshop storage cupboard, he went to bed.

Jay woke to his alarm screaming beeps at him from beside his bed. He pulled off the cover, scrambled into some clothes and trotted down the stairs.