Chapter 11 - The Panotii.

• Dedicated to Kieran Fielden

Chapter 11 - The Panotii.

Then he heard something from above. Something through the rushing of the waves.

SCREECH!

“He’s gone down. He’s sinking in the ocean, over there, by where the bubbles are,” the muffled voice called.

Jay’s muscles weakened, and he felt his lips peel from their diamond lock.

He was just about to give way to the water when he got blasted out from the deep.

He coughed up mountain loads of water as he flew upwards. His eyelids clenched and his throat exploded with a delightful sound of desperate gasping.

Just then, when he felt himself starting to fall back down into the ocean, something swooped down from the sky and grabbed him by his collar. He coughed some more, as he was lifted up into the sky.

Then, when he was about to open his eyes, he heard someone shout,

EXOTHIUS!”

He felt himself drying up. He knew what was happening now. So he opened his eyes and screamed with all his might,

HOCKVALMIA!”

There was a blinding light and the clutch on his collar loosened. He looked up and started soaring back up into the air, not looking down.

He got back up with the rest of the group, and then carried on, following Hollie, with her watery feet, to France.

His mind was awoken now and he had ultimate focus, petrified of going any closer to the sea again. It had all happened in a flash, and it was only happening in one flash, that was for sure.

They passed over the sea and back over land. The sky was getting darker now and the sun was descending for a rest.

After another twenty minutes of travelling Hollie started to veer towards the ground.

The others followed and Jay was glad to see the sight of land. At least landing on that didn’t burn his skin!

Five dodgy stumbles later they all safely grounded.

Hollie pulled back her curly, black hair and straightened herself out, shaking her legs and arms around to stretch.

Jay’s legs were weak and he could barely hold himself up.

“Blimming hell, aching like, woo! Claire, don’t turn invisibility off until the morning, we should camp over in that field over there, and there are some trees which we could use. C’mon,” Hollie instructed, she clearly wanted to get down for bed because she didn’t even ask if Jay was alright, which was unlike her.

The five of them walked over a road and into a park, which was lined with trees, quite like the field at camp.

“Ok, this way.” Hollie pointed to her left and ran into the trees. Everyone followed her through.

It was hard to see where they were going because it was getting really dark now, the sun had reached the horizon.

“How much further Hol?” Jordan asked wiping his eyes clear.

“Here,” Hollie replied, “We need to make a bed each, up high in the branches. If you need any help ask me, I’ll be asleep over… Alovium,” Hollie pointed her finger at a tall branch above her, the branch widened and then the bottom sunk “there,” she finished.