Chapter 19 - Another plane journey.

“Never…Flaixor minthamya!” He screamed, his eyes closed and his fists clenched. Jay urged for the heat waves to flow through one thing and one thing only. The snake woman.

“Aaah,” she shrieked, loosening her grip and dropping Jay on the floor. He picked himself up and stood there urging more and more heat into her body. He reached out his hand and touched the snake woman’s forehead.

Silence surrounded him and the shrieking and hissing cries of the dying creature. He reached for her head, and…

She erupted into flames. Burning. Curling up and turning to ashes, before Jay’s eyes. The shrieking stopped and the ashes beside Jay got sucked into the tarmac beneath him.

He raised his head.

Hollie, Jordan, Broudie and Claire were all awestruck and so were the two remaining snake women, who didn’t even attempt to move and crush their victims.

Broudie sliced his sword into both snake women without even turning round. He pocketed his sword and then started clapping. They all joined in.

“That, my friend, is how to kill a dracaenae,” Broudie congratulated him, walking over and patting him on the back.

“Never mind that one, did you see his controlling spell, he flung the dracaenae back with its own weapon.” Jordan added.

“Was that a good start?”

“Was that a? That was awesome. Add some ninja moves in and it would be the best killing streak ever,” Claire declared.

“You were all great, I killed three, but Broudie killed four? That is awesome,” Jay told them.

“For Broudie that was alright, you should see him sometimes. Anyway, that was impressive. Wasn’t that your first kill?” Hollie questioned.

“Yeah, Claire killed the Panotii.”

“Well, now you can officially say you are saving the word against the monsters that are escaping Tartarus,” Jordan said. “Three cheers for our new official helper in the capturing of all the escaping monsters of Tartarus…Jay! Hip, hip.”

“Hooray.”

“Hip, Hip.”

“Hooray.”

“And hip hip.”