Chapter 42 - Make way for magic.

Chapter 42- Make way for magic.

Jay looked up in the trees and spotted a small, fragile girl. Her skin was light green and she wore a dress made of leaves. Her ears were like elves and her hair was as brown as the branch she was sat on.

“Hello there.” Hecate walked up to her.

“What are you doing, trying to suffocate us?” The nymph screamed.

“Don’t worry little dryad, I am creating a path so as whenever we have to come through here, we won’t disturb you,” Hecate said nicely.

“Well how are we supposed to survive being so close to each other?!” The dryad yelled, swinging her feet.

“Give us a moment.” Hecate turned to face the bottom of the tree she was sat on.

“Off my tree you!” The dryad called down.

“How about this.” Hecate touched the bottom of the tree and the angry, elf-like nymph shut up.

Hecate pulled her finger off the bark and the little dryad blushed. Her hair went silky and wavy, her leaf dress suddenly blossomed with a tiny pink flower at the top. Her light green skin became less pale and she closed her eyes delightfully.

“Better?” Hecate asked.

“Much.” The dryad put her hands together, tilted her head to one side and vanished.

“So shall we move on?” Hecate moved into the woods, everyone staying close to her tail. Hecate had moved the first few trees either side so as they could just about fit a land rover through, so quite wide. She stopped at the trees again and did the same thing.

“Why did you call that nymph a dryad?” Liam asked.

“Because that’s what a dryad is, a tree nymph,” Lochlan answered.

“Yeah, I‘ll have to teach you how to bless them wont I? It‘s quite simple, all you have to do is touch the base of the tree and focus on trees blossoming and growing tall and strong. Then there‘s a spell as usual but you‘ll learn to do it without the spell once you‘ve practised. It’s great when you’re dealing with an angry nymph,” Hecate said.

“What’s the spell?” Jay asked.

Wongarmiant.”

“So what about all the other nymphs?” Lochlan asked. “Won’t they get jealous of whatever you did?”

“Probably, but then that means that you’ll have to do it to all of them. They’ll all say how kind you are and then you’ll have some great allies,” Hecate said simply.