Chapter 29 - 'ROTATION!'

The column’s disappeared into the ceiling. They were hollow, and they contained something…

Something with giant human feet, and hairy legs.

As the pillars continued to rise, more of the three giant humans were shown. They were just normal humans from back in the Stone Age. The cavemen style clothes, huge stubby fingers, big muscular biceps, large round faces, and one, giant, green eye. A normal hum-

One eye?

One green eye?

“Cyclopes!” Hollie yelled.

A humungous roar shook the temple and the five ring-bearers split up, each hiding behind one of the many columns.

Jay’s heart beat rocketed, he was still a beginner with Greek mythology but he knew who the Cyclopes were, and as far as he knew, they weren’t friendly creatures.

His hands were gripped tightly to the column he hid behind, his hand clutched at his sword in his belt and his shield measly packed behind his back.

ROARRR!

“The amount of time I’ve waited,” one of the Cyclopes growled.

“So, so hungry, for meat,” another one yawned.

“Well anyone here to eat?” The deepest voice roared.

“We have great noses, smell people a mile away,” the one told.

“Especially one’s with magic, they taste better too,” a quieter growl called.

Silence covered the temple-like room for one antagonising minute, the five hearts of five terrified youths could be heard, every, single, beat…

“HELP, they‘ve got me,” Claire screamed.

They all came out of hiding, even Claire.

‘Wait what?’

“I’m here,” Claire said, confused.

“Oh hello there,” the deep voiced one introduced, “we’re the youngest Cyclopes.”

“Have a slice.” Hollie threw one of her two knives at the middle Cyclops.

“Whoa,” the Cyclops reached out, caught the knife, and then slowly bent it in two, “that’s no way to greet your semi-relative. First we say hello…Then we play.”