Chapter 30 - 'ROTATION!'

Then the light died down, he opened his eyes, and a floor he stood on once again.

He looked in front and he was in a small, round, cylindrical room, with numerous exits. Black doorways were placed in front, behind, to the left and to the right of him. All dark and gloomy inside.

“Jay’s here,” Broudie informed, slapping Jay on the back.

“Oh, eh, where is here?” Jay questioned.

“Still in the temple, which you could say is a good thing or a bad thing. Depends how you look at it,” Broudie replied.

Jay was about to turn around when Hollie shouted at him,

“Don’t move!”

“Why can’t he move, I’m moving?” Broudie asked.

“Because our next direction is right and we don’t know where right is,” Hollie said.

“Yeah we do it’s there.” Jay pointed to his right at one of the doorways.

“To you it’s there yes, but to Broudie it’s that one.” Hollie pointed to the doorway behind Jay.

“What?”

“I’m trying to see if we all face the same direction, and if we do, then we will know which one is right,” Hollie told.

“Hi guys, did I frighten you Jay?” Jordan laughed, appearing beside Jay.

“Not then, but before. Look Hol, he’s facing the same way.” Jay pointed out.

“Yep, I think we know which way were going,” Hollie said.

“ROTATION,” the deep voice that they had heard previously called once again.

“Rotation? What’s that supposed to mean?” Broudie pondered.

His question was answered when the four doors started moving, first rising up the walls a few metres then moving quickly around the circular walls, mixing themselves up. Like something out of an illusionist act, the doors shuffled around at a speed, zooming around giving Jay a headache.

They then slowed down and sat once again, at four positions, all equal distance from each other.

“Where’s right now?” Jay looked around him, still not moving from his position.

Then Claire broke the silence, emerging as a white light.