Chapter 41 - Make way for magic.

They reached the temple, stomachs rumbling.

“Cannot wait.” Jay rubbed his hands together eagerly as they approached the table.

“We haven’t got enough chairs,” Claire sighed.

“Now we have.” Hecate extended the table and added three more chairs, one double the size, with just a flick of a hand. It was amazing her power.

“Three?” Jordan pondered.

“Porseus is aloud, no?” Hecate asked.

“Yeah as long as he has manners,” Jay chuckled to himself, as they each took their seats at the table.

“Oh, the plates, I remember these. Hard work were these,” Hecate told.

“You made them?” Lochlan questioned.

“Hephaestus did, sneakily without Zeus seeing,” Hecate whispered.

Jay thought about how he might be able to create something like these plates in his new workshop, he hadn’t even seen it yet. Would it be like a full-functioning factory? Or was he asking too much?

“Lovely,” Hecate announced, a selection of cheese, berries and bread appeared on her plate beside two MilkyWay-like bars.

“Ambrosia if you’re wondering,” Hecate told, cutting one of the bars with her knife, topping it with a berry, and eating it with a super straight back utter snobbishness.

“Ambrosia?” Jay questioned.

“Food of the gods,” Amy answered.

Jay looked down at his plate. He hadn’t had a substantial meal in days.

He focussed hard and whispered the spell, a delicious curry appearing before him. The rice was moulded into the shape of a tree and the curry surrounded it like a swamp. The exotic spices wafted up into his nose.

He ate the meal slowly, savouring every mouthful. He had missed a meal today and he needed to replace it.

After they finished their meals, Porseus eating a small dollop of meat and a tiny carrot which he left, unsurprisingly, Mormo, Hecate and Porseus left the table and strolled off into the guest room, the one Jay had never seen before.

The ring bearers also left the table seconds later and retired to their huts.

“Well, busy day,” Bobby said.

“Would talk, but cant.” Hollie staggered into her dorm. It was well into night when Jay finally went to sleep in his cosy hut of red and yellow. The fire burned in the fireplace as he closed his eyes.

The next morning Jay was straight out of bed really early, knowing that Hecate was going to dig out a path through to the rest of the island, and that he would be able to see his new workshop!

He jumped out of bed and put on some clothes. He whizzed into the hall, looking away from the under stair doorway in case he got tempted, and got himself some breakfast using his supermarket fridge.

Then, Jay walked slowly over to the door under the stairs, standing in a daze for a moment, pondering what it was going to be like.

He reached out with his hand, and flicked the switch, which lit up the gaps around the door.